What if Nozomi was immortal?

Time is a stupid concept. Who decided that out of everyone in the whole wide world that Nozomi was the one who would gain immortality. Like does anyone know how much trouble it is to change legal documents? And changing bank accounts so it doesn't seem ridiculous on why the owner has the account for over twenty years but hasn't aged? She had to fake her death over thirty times already, it was getting annoying.

But there's a much more stupider thing to ever exist and that was love. Nozomi has tried over and over again to not bring anyone into her endless cursed and more pain to her heart. She was just a sucker for pretty girls and she can't stop herself for slipping up every so often.

It seems like a really bad move but she would always ghost them after a few dates or so. It still hurts. To see them from afar and watch them react in such hurtful expressions.

She can't help it. The one person, her most favorite to ever exist hasn't come back yet. Nozomi been waiting for years to see her. Blonde hair and blue eyes. Eli Ayase has to keep her promise. She said she would.

-
-
-

"Nozomi. I promise. I'll be back. Go on. Live your life to the fullest."

Tears are rolling down Nozomi's cheeks, "But I can't leave you, not while you're in so much pain!"

It was in the era where medicine wasn't the best and making it past age thirty was difficult. Her Elichi won't be able to survive the disease.

Eli's eyes shone so much affection that Nozomi's heart almost died, "Hey? Don't cry. I know you'll be fine. You think I haven't noticed how you never got hurt or how you haven't aged since we first met? Nozomi, you deserve so much better."

Nozomi's voice was hoarse, "But you're the only one I want Elichi. Nothing else will ever compare to you."

Eli gave her a weak smile, "You're so stubborn." Nozomi stared at her, she wasn't in the mood for jokes. A small laugh came from Eli's throat, "If you plan on being that way, at least hold my hand? Don't let go?"

Nozomi felt heartbreak for the first time in her life.

"Anything for you."

Her heart had stopped beating while she was sleeping. Nozomi let out the worst scream she could muster in that moment.

-
-
-

Medicine sure had evolved quickly. She's proud of how far humanity has come in technology.

But for today Nozomi is Arisa Tojo working as a secretary for a famous company. That means she's going to have to respond to several emails in the harshest way possible.

Honoka, a fellow secretary was working beside her when she asked, "I hear the CEO's daughter coming soon. Arisa is that true?"

"Yes it's true. Why don't you read the emails the CEO sends? We're supposed to escort her immediately upstairs."

Honoka laughed, "Just wanted to make sure. Kinda unreal how I got this job, like I should have been an idol or something."

An unfamiliar voice calls out from behind, "An idol? What are my dad's secretaries even doing?"

Nozomi looked up. Oh god. Nozomi blinked, took a double take. She had known this was going to happen. Nozomi had seen the pictures of the daughter. But seeing it in real life?

She's actually here. Blonde hair and blue eyes. The exact same person as she saw all those years ago. But except this isn't Eli Ayase. It's Lia Matsui, daughter of the CEO.

Nozomi bow to her, "I apologize for our inappropriate behavior. We shall take you upstairs immediately."

Eli- Lia, shook her head, "Ah I'm just kidding. Don't take my words seriously. This place just seems so formal."

Nozomi bit her tongue, of course this girl just had to have the same habits as Eli.

"Of course. Let's go now, I'm sure your father is waiting."

-

The elevator had too much tension. Nozomi wanted to leave immediately. It didn't help that Honoka was fidgeting the entire time or that Eli (She refuse to acknowledge the name Lia unless needed) kept looking at her.

The elevator dinged, and the doors opened. It's the lobby room to the CEO room. Nozomi bow as Eli took a step out, "We will be downstairs if you need anything."

Eli muttered a quick "Thank you." And a "It's nice seeing you again."

It's nice seeing who what now.

The elevator door closed and she could hear Honoka breathe out and stretched, "Ah that was so difficult to be quiet!"

What did Eli say? What did she mean? Was Nozomi hallucinating? Did that happen?

"Honoka. What did Lia say before the door closes?"

Honoka stopped stretching, "Thank you?"

"Anything else?"

Honoka frowned, "Arisa, why are you asking? I don't really remember. I was busy trying not to scream."

-

She was kissing Lia. Eli? Who cares. How did she end up in this situation? Who knows about that?

Actually Nozomi does know how it happened, work ended and Eli grabbed her sleeve before. She looked so cute that Nozomi had accidentally leaned in to kiss just out of pure habit. But then Eli pulled her in and kissed back. Now they're both up against the wall, both of them breathing heavily.

Nozomi should have known this was a mistake, making out with the CEO's daughter in their own building. However she couldn't really give a damn. Still the whole situation is a mess like for real? No one is gonna tell Nozomi why Lia, Eli, Lia, whatever her goddamn name is, just kissed her out of no where?

Barely any build up or suspension? Kinda fake.

Too fake.

Nozomi held her arms out, holding Eli's shoulders, blocking any movement to kiss her. She stared into Eli's eyes, the same blue from years ago, now filled with hurt. But Nozomi knew she couldn't do this, it wasn't right. "Lia. I'm sorry. I already have a lover."

Eli- Lia. Nodded meekly, "Ah I understand. But."

Lia's frown turned into the largest grin, "Isn't that lover me? Nozomi?"

Ah.

It make sense now. Everything clicked in Nozomi's brain.

"You're a jerk. Eli."

Tears are running down her face.

Eli Ayase always keeps her promise.

They both don't know when they'll have to say goodbye again. But Nozomi is willing to wait if it meant just seeing her again.