↯chapter nine: FORBIDDEN↯

Start bij het begin

Draco had hoped that by coming back and telling Harry to leave him alone, that he was done fighting the Chosen One, that Harry would leave him alone and eventually this aching need in his chest to be around him and his stupidly pretty eyes would subside. Harry would become some old crush that Draco would eventually move on from. It was a simple plan really but... Draco could feel Harry's eyes boring into his skull from across an entire room. The boy hardly paid attention in class, preferring above all else to just stare at Draco almost unblinkingly. 

This past month though had been the worst because not only had Draco been unable to get over his feelings for Harry but his emotions seemed to be working overdrive as Harry insisted that the two of them become friends. "It would be good for us I think." Harry kept saying.

"You know what's also good but would kill us?" Draco said.

"Smoking?"

"I was going to drinking but that works too." Harry had chuckled. 

Either way, this past month had been atrocious. Harry had even started smiling upon seeing Draco. Just thinking about it nearly made Draco gag. How could Harry be so insufferable and yet so cute at the same time? Draco ran one hand through his hair before shoving it back into the pocket of his jeans as he continued down the long empty corridors out towards the closest exit. 

It was past curfew and Draco should have been asleep but he couldn't stop thinking about Harry and the only solution Draco could find for this dilemma was to take a nice long walk in the Forbidden Forest and hope something ate him so he wouldn't feel an uncontrollable urge to spill his guts to Harry about his feelings for him. Draco was just about to step into the forest when he heard someone shout his name behind him. "Draco Malfoy."

Speak of the devil.

Draco glanced over his shoulder at Harry whose hair hung messily over his glasses and in his eyes. He was wearing a gray jumper and brown trousers and his cheeks were red with cold and probably from anger. Draco usually notices when Harry is following him, the younger boy isn't very subtle after all but Draco had been so wrapped up in his own thoughts, he didn't even consider that Harry might be following him right now. "Hello Potter, fancy seeing you out." Harry wasn't in a joking mood though. He looked royally pissed off.

"What the hell are you doing?" Harry asked, his tone accusing. Draco frowned.

"None of your god damn business."

"Yes it is." Draco rolled his eyes.

"Nothing I've ever done has really been any of your business Harry just go back to the castle." Draco turned away.

"Don't tell me what to do." Harry said.

"Well don't follow me like some lousy puppy dog Potter." Draco bit back at him. Harry scoffed.

"We're friends now aren't we? I'm just trying to make sure that you're not doing..."

"Something nefarious? Something dastardly? Bloody hell Harry I'm not planning on blowing up the damn school." Draco said, running one hand through his hair and scowling.

"Then what are you doing out here Draco?" Harry demanded, stepping closer to him. "Why are you going into the Forbidden Forest?"

"Maybe I want some creepy crawly to kill me Harry. I don't know. I just felt like I was suffocating inside that castle okay! Is that a good enough fuckin' answer?" Draco's face was red with anger and Harry felt a weird moment of déjà vu. This was the Draco that Harry recognized.

"Then I'll walk with you. "

"What?" Draco demanded with a scoff.

"I'll walk with you. You're rubbish at defense spells." Draco narrowed his eyes at Harry.