Chapter 2

Ricky

"Ok guys we here, ain't no turning back !" I said trying pump my team up. As we jogged on the floor they played Believe Me by Drake and Lil Wayne. "Now introducing their opponents." The announcer said as we all waited for them to come out. "The state champions for 3 years in a row, the Bobcats." The crowds cheering filled the whole stadium. In my mind I was saying oh shit.

4th quarter

It's 2 minutes left in the game, we we're down 66-53, and I had the ball. I knew I was gone have to bring my team back. I also knew that there were scouts from all over the country there, so I had to show out. I came down the court and dunked over at least 2 dudes. 66-55, 1 minute 45 seconds. We got back on defense. Their point guard tried to throw a lob pass, but I caught it. Troy was running to the basket, so I lobbed the ball to him for the alley-oop. The crowd went wild. 66-57, 1 minute 15 seconds. They came down and missed the shot, and Mike got the rebound, he passed it to me. I came down stopped and popped for the 3. 66-60, 53 seconds left.

"Folks, it looks like we have a game." the announcer said. They came down and tried to dunk, but our center John, blocks it, and passes it to me. Mike was coming so I passed it to him, and he got the and1.

66-63, 32 seconds left. Mike caught the steal off the in bounds. He lobbed it to John for the alley-oop. The crowd screamed . 66-65, 21 seconds left. When they came down the floor, we had to force the turner over. We forced them out of bounds. Mike threw me ball on the in bounds pass. I came. Down court planning my move. "10, 9,8...." the crowd said as I crossed over their point guard. "7,6,5,4... " They said as I layed the ball up. "3,2,1!" They roared. You couldn't imagine how my heart broke when the ball came out of the rim. I fell to my knees in frustration.

We had lost the championship. We lost what we worked so hard for. We we're loosing 4 people out of the starting 5 cause they were seniors, and Troy was one of them.

I held my head down when we came out of the lockerroom. On my way to the bus, some one stopped me. It was Michelle. "Hold your head up." she said." You still had a great game, with 31 points, 13 assists, and 4 steels." she added. "Not as good as me though."she said, which made laugh.

"Here's my number." she said handing me a strip of paper. I noticed there was only the first 3 digits. Before I could say anything, she told me she'll give me the rest of it I ever saw her again.

When I got on the bus everyone was quiet. "Hey Bae." I said to Jamie. She just looked at me and put in her headphones. "She doesn't want you bothering her." I here Charity say. "Why ?"I responded. "Why!Why?!"Charity says loudly. "I'm gone let her tell you why."

Michelle

As we were on the way home Lisa grabbed me and asked "So did you give him yo number ?" "Part of it." I say. "Why ?!" she exclaims. "You supposed to leave him wanting more." my cousin Alice adds. "You did the right thing."

I could not stop thinking about Ricky. I started to wonder if I would see him again or not. I asked myself does he fell the same way. My mind was boggled up with thoughts.