The hybrid

Salvatore Boarding House

Damon is in his bedroom removing all the notes, maps, and newspaper cuttings from his closet and listening to the TV news.

Reporter (on TV): Whether suicide, or a tragic accident, WPKW News has lost one of its shining stars. Field reporter and weekend anchor Andie Star was discovered...

Elena arrives.

Damon: Just can't stay away, can you?Elena: You've been dodging my calls.
Damon: Yeah, well, busy dating a dead fake girlfriend and all.
Elena: Why didn't you tell me?
Damon: Happy Birthday, Elena. Stefan killed Andie. Cake?
Elena: He called me, Damon.
Damon: What?
Elena: Stefan called me last night.
Damon: Well, what'd he say?
Elena: He didn't say anything, but it was him. I asked Sheriff Forbes if she would trace the call's origin. It came from Tennessee.
Damon: Where he's binge drinking on the country folk. We went through this, Elena. Stefan's gone. I don't mean geographically.

He throws the documents into the unlit fireplace.

Elena: If he was gone, he wouldn't have called.

He lights a match and throws it into the fireplace, which starts burning.

Smoky Mountains

Klaus and Stefan are walking in the mountains. Stefan is carrying Ray, unconscious, on his shoulders and Klaus is carrying Sky in his arms. She looked like she was gonna fall asleep soon.

Klaus: You okay? Is Ray getting heavy?Stefan: I'm fine.
Klaus: You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down...
Stefan: You know, I get that we're, uh...we're stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great.
Klaus: So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend.
Stefan: Maybe it's 'cause I'm a little tired of hunting werewolves. We've been at it all summer.
Klaus: Thanks to our pal Ray, we found ourselves a pack. There.

They stop. They found the pack's camp. Stefan enters their camp. Everyone looks at him. He puts Ray on the ground. A woman rushes over to him.

Woman: Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you?

Klaus joins Stefan.

Klaus: The important question is who am I. Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus.
Woman: You're the hybrid.

Klaus smiles.

Klaus: You've heard of me. Fantastic.

Smoky Mountains

Klaus and Stefan are sitting. Everyone is standing still, looking at Klaus and listening.

Klaus: It's fascinating, actually...A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true hybrid.

Ray wakes up.

Klaus: Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic.

Klaus said holding Sky close to him and not letting her see.

Ray: What's happening to me?
Klaus: Stefan?

Stefan gets up.

Stefan: Are any of you human? Your friend here needs human blood to complete his transition to vampire. If he doesn't get it, he will die.
Klaus: Doesn't take much, just a sip. Anyone? A boyfriend, a girlfriend, along for the ride?

Klaus puts Sky on the ground. She was almost asleep.

Klaus [whispering]: Close your eyes little one and don't look till I say so.