Chapter 38 - My Daughter

Start from the beginning

I kept thinking about the possibilities before I realized the child was naked, and a girl at that. So, I quickly removed my coat, and threw it over to cover her up. The first one I need to see would be Gaer. He made Gluttony, so he should be able to understand why this happened to it...her...whatever!

_________________

"GAER!!" (Sora)

I burst my way into his shop, with Ikari and gluttony(?) in tow. I kind of made a mess, knocking a bunch of things over to drag him down into the basement where he does his smithing.

"Gaer, please explain to me why my gun, Gluttony, has turned into a small child!" (Sora)

"It what?!" (Gaer)

I was taken aback by his outcry. Looking closely at him, examining his energy, and judging by his scent, he was genuinely surprised and confused.

"Papa? Is there something wrong with me?" (???)

I froze. This girl, she was adorable beyond all belief, and she is believed to be my daughter. I haven't appraised her yet, because I'm a little concerned about what I might find if I do. Which me will she take after? The me that was Human, the current me that's a fox beastman, or the me that's a god?

"Lord Sora, you must be a truly powerful person to have achieved such a feat!" (Gaer)

"What are you talking about Gaer? I could have believed this a LITTLE bit, if a core was used in the creation of Gluttony, but I just gave you bones and scales. So how come this happened?" (Sora)

"Don't you know Sora!? There's a belief that you can never find a dragon core in the world, because when you slay the dragon, its core will dissipate and infuse its energy within the body. This mainly happens to the bones or meat. However, I thought one of the bones you gave me seemed a little out of the norm, and found out that all of the power had been transferred to that one bone, from the core. This hasn't been proven true yet, but there IS a legend that if that type of dragon bone exists, then there's the possibility of it being able to create a new life, based off of the energy of the wielder! However, the wielder has to be monstrously powerful for the energy that is needed for said process to work." (Gaer)

"So, what your saying is...she's my child, with the dragon?" (Sora)

"Technically speaking? Yes. However, such a process needs one thing for it to activate...it means you truly love Sana with your everything don't you?" (Gaer)

"Sounds a bit cheesy when you say it was with the power of love, old man." (Sora)

"I suppose so. Anyway, getting a close look at the little one, she definitely shares features between you and Sana, but there also seems to be features that neither of you have...you aren't cheating on Sana are you?" (Gaer)

"Where the hell did that 'Power of Love' guy go!?" (Sora)

"Look...I had thought that it might happen because of the old legend, but I didn't actually expect it to work. Anyway, her other features are possibly from the dragon, since that's her source of origin." (Gaer)

"Does that mean she can turn into a dragon?" (Sora)

"The legend doesn't say much about these types of children, but I doubt it. Sure she has all the energy the dragon had when she was just a bone, but the genetic marker of the wielder is what takes precedence over the dragon genes." (Gaer)

"So she's part dragon, part fox beastman?" (Sora)

"And part Elf. If I remember correctly Sana is part Elf isn't she?" (Gaer)

Hmmmm. This is a large concoction of DNA. It makes me wonder if the child is going to be alright. The third party features that he spoke about, they weren't from the dragon, because I could recognize those features anywhere. They belonged to Noroi. How could she have any part in my child's genetics though?