Chapter 6

Blaze's POV

     I wake up the next morning because I got a bit cold. My eyes open and Im all alone in the cave. The stone isn't very warming... Where's Josiah?

     I close my eyes to see if I can sense him. He's not too far away. Maybe he went to check on his thunder?

     I stay where he left me. My hips have a dull ache. I remember what happened last night and my heart skips a beat. I smile to myself and just relax.

     I lay in the cave for about 20 more minutes before Josiah comes with a mouth full of two deer. He brought me food. He's the best. I grin and start to get up at he comes in to greet him, but he gently pushes me back down.

     'Youre probably sore, just rest, ' His voice echos in mind. Mates can talk to each other telepathically. I just nod my head and Josiah lays down next to me and drops the deer. One for me and one for him.

     "Eat, Love," He says, nuzzling my cheek. I obey and start eating. If I was in human form, I would never just eat a deer like this. Both from bacteria and cleanliness purposes, but in dragon form, it doesn't matter.

     After our meal, I feel so full and happy. I snuggle into Josiah and just love him. Our tails are wrapped together and his chin rests on my head, his wing covering me like a blanket.

     The rest of the day is pretty uneventful. Josiah hasn't slept. The dominant in the relationship watches over their submissive and their offspring, and I guess he's taking that very seriously.

     "Im going to bring you to my thunder tomorrow, now youre marked and mated, " Josiah tells me. It honestly worries me. Im not really the best at meeting new people, but I nod my head and snuggle close into his chest. I would have never thought I'd be a submissive. Or my mate was another male. Im not complaining though. "Rest, Mate, " He coos, nuzzling me gently.

     I just smile and nod my head, resting it on Josiah's chest. It doesn't take long before I fall asleep.

     The next morning, I wake up from Josiah's soft croons. It's just so sweet sounding. I open my eyes and look up at him. "We should go, Little One, " He says. Josiah seems to be trying different pet names. It's so cute! I particularly like Little One.

     I grin and nod my head, getting up and stretching in a cat-like way. This makes Josiah chuckle as he licks my side sweetly. So affectionate...

     "Follow me, it's not far, " Josiah says. His massive wings open when he gets out of the cave and he takes off. I do the same. Im not as big as Josiah, but I do seem to be faster. I'd like to race him sometime.

     Dragons can be very competitive, and I am no different.

     I let Josiah bring me to his thunder. I start smelling so many new smells.

     When I see the beauty, I slow down a bit to take it all in.

Cliff hanger!!!

I hope you liked the chapter!

If you'd like to have influence on a future book, please go to my Book of Updates and give me feedback and vote on which story you would like!