Chapter 1

Ricky

     "Ricky wake up." My bestfriend Mike said. "We at the stadium." "Finally."I said yawning. We had made it to the Georgia high school state championship. "Ok Raiders, let's hurry up and get to the lockerroom." coach Davis said.

     "I'm so ready for this." my homie Troy Said. "I couldn't even sleep on the way here." We had worked so hard to get here. Me being the only junior on the starting five in the state championship made me feel like a star.

      As we walked into the huge gym we were stunned by the roaring crowd. "Dang, we really here guys." Troy said. "Yep." coach said. "Now go put the bags in the lockerroom and find a seat."

      As we came out the high school girls championship was beginning. "Ok Henderson Memorial Stadium." The announcer said. "Are you ready to rumble. Tonight for your entertainment we have the Lady Panthers vs the Lady Hawks." The crowd roared. "Starting point guard for the Lady Panthers, number 24 Michelle Richardson."

       "Dang shawty bad." Mike said. "Ok now Mike, you better be glad yo girl Charity went to the concession stand with the other cheerleaders." I said. "But shawty is bad though, plus she hoop." "Ight now Ricky, remember yo girl, my lil sis Jamie, here too." Troy said. "Ok I won't." I said , even though in my mind I knew I had to get her numbers. The way her light skin brought out her hazel eyes hypnotized me. Plus her dimples and her juicy lips just made me feel good.

        "Hey Bae." Jamie said coming up the bleachers. "Let me hit them nachos Bae." I said. "No, I don't want you to catch a cramp during the game." she said. "Haha, you can't have no nachos." Mike said reaching for Charity's nachos. "You can't either." she said slapping his hand. "Oooo that's cold C." Mike said as we all laughed.

     45 minutes later

"Ok guys, it's halftime, let's go get ready." coach said. "Good luck Bae." Jamie said. "Yea, we're cheering for you two." Charity said. "What about me." Troy said. "Ok, we cheering for you too." Charity said laughing.

    As we walked to the lockerroom I bumped into Michelle. "My bad shawty." I said. " It's ok." she says back as we look in each other's eyes for couple seconds before coach called me. At that moment I knew I had to have her.

     Michelle

"Michelle. who was that." My girl Lisa said. "Honey, I don't know, but what i do know is that he's cute." Talk about tall dark and handsome. He was brown skin and about 6'5 with tattoos on his arm. Then I just wanted rub through his curly hair. But I knew I had to focus on finishing this game.

     "Ok ladies, we're doing great out there." coach said. " We're winning 45-32, we have to keep the pace up." I was having a great game so far. I had 12 points 7 assists and 4 steels. I knew I had to do my best, because there were alot of scouts there. Most important the scout from Duke, my dream college, was there. Eventhough I was only a junior, I got a lot of letters from colleges, but none of them mattered except Duke.

  30 minutes later

"Omg lady's and gentlemen." the announcer said. "Michelle Richardson just hit an amazing buzzer beater for the win."

I was so happy,,, everyone cheered, next thing I know, I was declared the mvp, with 34 points 12 assists and 7 steels.

      As we made our way to the lockerroom, someone stopped me and said good game. It was him. I asked for his name. "Ricky." he said. "Since I answered your question you gotta answer mine."he said. "Ok." I said. "What's your number?" he asked. "Get the win and I'll tell you."I responded.