Chapter 18

Ellie

     My first thought was holy shit I can't breathe. My second thought was the water had run ice cold and I hadn't even thought about rinsing out my shampooed hair. My hand was on the refurbished tiled wall of the shower, a nice gold color that normally I would have refrained from even touching but I needed the support -- even morally would have been nice at this point.

     Andrew Rush just openly admitted to thinking about me. Specifically about us. All while I was naked and in the middle of having the best shower of my life after spending the night at the beach. Instantly, when Drew came in my heart started pounding and my stomach started to do some sort of belly flopping. 

      I powered through washing my hair out in cold water, opting to just do a quick rub down of soap without a loofa and rinsed myself off. I poked my head out of the shower curtain before I committed to stepping out, just in case there was a surprise waiting for me out of the shower. Thankfully there wasn't, and I got to wrap myself in the fluffiest bath towel that had yellow wild sunflowers decorating the white background. I smiled and sank into the softness as I brushed my teeth and applied a healthy amount of moisturizer to my face before I pulled on some pajama shorts and a tank top. 

      When I opened the bathroom door, I was extra cautious about my surroundings. With no Drew in sight, I clutched my bath towel in one hand and my hair brush in the other and all but tip-toed to the door of the master suite. We were both in an unfamiliar part of Florida, and I'm sure Drew didn't know the locals here. He had connections and business partners all over the globe, but I was banking on him being as completely clueless as I was here. I'm sure he was somewhere in the house, and of course I'd have to come face to face with him some time before bed time. 

      But as the clock ticked past eight, then eight turned into nine thirty and I was foolishly sitting in the living room of the beach house, on a light blue plush couch sat in front of a giant flat screen TV and I hadn't heard nor seen Drew since the bathroom. I sent him five texts that were getting less and less nice by the minute. My bath towel was draped across the wooden rocking chair in the corner, no doubt warping the wood. I had put in there earlier, hoping to ask Drew if we were saving our towels for showers the next night seeing as that was one out of the only two the owner supplied us. But Drew has been a no show for almost three hours now. 

      I was getting a little irritated. I was pressing the buttons on the remote harder each time I changed the channel to find something good to watch. I had already watched three episodes of Cops , half of a rerun of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives which led me to where I now have resorted to the Bachelor and honestly, I was getting impatient. I took a deep breath and picked up my phone from my lap, pulling up the conversation I had with Drew. I sent off a series of texts that had my heart pounding and my head pulsing in pain. 

     Ellie: R u okay? I'd hate to pull my fake fiance out of a ditch

     Ellie: That was a lil morbid. Sorry. Pissed off that ur not answering

     Ellie: Please text me back Drew...I'm not above begging like u are

     Ellie: Drew 

     I had added a sad face after Drew's name, a plea. I couldn't exactly get in my car and drive around the neighborhood and find Drew. What was I going to say? Yes hi, I'm looking for a broody, divorce lawyer. He's actually my fiance. Yeah, he's about this tall, brown hair and two arms full of tattoos. Yes, he looks great in a suit -- no unfortunately he's not wearing one. 

      I snuffed out that scenario and rolled my eyes. I had to get a grip. I should have just pulled Drew into the shower right then and there, handed him my v-card and he could've put it in his safe drawer stuffed with other various v-cards I'm sure he's collected. Okay, that's definitely not getting a grip on things but what can I say, a girl needed to cope with making the biggest mistake of her life. Drew was there, willing and wanting me and I turned him down -- sent him away with his tail tucked between his legs in a sulk.