Part 54 - Wednesday, September 25th, 2106...or 2125?

Wednesday, September 25th, 2106…or 2125?

I don’t know which date to write. So I did both.

Well...today...

I was greeted by a message from my mother this morning.

“Where are you?”

I decided not to answer just yet, because if I told her I was in the quarters of the TTA in 2125, she might call the police, and, when I was found, she would send me to a lunatic correcting hospital, which I didn't need.

I heard talking in the other room. Aaron, Older Robin, and my Robin were discussing something.

I slipped into my white boots but left my gloves under my pillow.

Sneaking across the room and outside, I opened the door to their room just a crack, pressed a voice-recording tile that had come with my wrist-tablet, and stuck it very quietly through the door crack.

For a little bit, I sat outside the room, arm through the door. Then, when the voices were finished talking, I snuck to an empty part of the hall and pressed play.

“We heed to figure out what to do with Cadence,” Aaron's voice said. I was surprised at the fantastic quality of the sound my tablet had.

“I think she just needs to stay with us,” Older Robin said.

“I want her to,” my Robin breathed. “I don’t want to part any more”

Aaron spoke again. “But she poses as a danger for us. Fulton wants her daed.”

My Robin said, “She'll be in danger if we don’t protect her.”

"Well then we need double the security," Aaron decided. "And where is the child?"

"She's in a separate room where no one can find her. However she will sleep until we need her. That way, she won't be scared, and she'll be well-rested if we need to evacuate." Robin said in one breath.

"So we're not killing the child, then, Robin?"

"No, sir," Robin sighed. "It would break Cadence's heart. And if we do the right thing, and make it so that back in Cadence's time we do something to make it so that Gabriella doesn't turn into the woman she is now, the child can be spared."

My Robin gave a sigh of relief. It made my cheeks flush, and my heart beat.

The conversation ended and I pressed delete. Then Iwent back into my room, where Annika sat up, stretching.

“Where did you go?” she asked, pulling blankets off of her. “I woke up and you were gone.”

“I went to the bathroom,” I lied, and climbed back into bed.

She shrugged. “Well, breakfast is in an hour. Why don’t you clean up and wash your jumpsuit?”

I nodded.

“I’m going to go talk with the men,” she said, and then looked down at herself. “Perhaps I should dress from this sleep suit and THEN go talk to them.”

I smiled and she disappeared into a small closet, closing the doors and grinning.

I walked into the small built in bathroom and washed up. When I came out, Annika was brushing her lovely gold curls. She looked so much like Wendy, which was strange because she married Wendy’s relative, and wasn’t related to her in any way. She noticed me come into the room and gave me a warm smile.

“I just found out this morning’s menu,” she said as she swirled her curls around to one shoulder. “We’re having an old-fashioned breakfast. Eggs, bacon, and those fried grated potato things…I don’t know what they’re called.”