A H̶a̶p̶p̶y̶ Birthday

...Jacob...

I looked closely at each video that was recorded of her running from one place to another, racing time to get to her next job, then the next

There was no doubt in my mind that she carried the mentality of no room for error, and I applauded that belief, slightly amused by the time management she was capable of.

"It looks like she has a good reputation in her neighborhood. Although she doesn't have previous experience at any of her current jobs, she easily adapts to her work environment and masters the craft within a day. That's how she got them to agree to hire her." I was mumbling this information from what I was observing, making sure Friday was recording my speech and writing it down on a separate file.

"She's indeed smart, capable of taking care of Luke even without experience of babysitting," I muttered, the tips of my fingers touching the hologram of her picture profile on facing angles, and as I extended the distance between my hands, I zoomed into a separate file of multiple photographs of her hustling with jobs.

"She has high stamina, from what one can see, and can go through hours of work without a break if she had to, so it would be a challenge for Luke to tire her," I said to myself, raising my hand as I slid her information horizontally to form a ring around me. making it easier for me to look closely at each one.

"The last time she got sick was five years ago, so she must have a strong immune system, so it's a slim possibility to none of getting sick on the job and infecting Luke. But I'll have to take into consideration that her grandmother has cancer, and she'll have to go see her often at the hospital and will be exposed to an infectious environment constantly, so-"

"Are you seriously thinking about that when she's not working for you yet?"

My train of thought got halted by a voice behind me, and I deadpanned at the person intruding on my home office.

"Is knocking not taught at law school?" I raised my eyebrows questionably, and he chuckled.

"Not necessarily," He shrugged off, helping himself by taking a seat and pulling out a copy of the contract I sent Ryan with to Ms.Reed.

"Are you sure she's going to agree to these terms?" He asked, squinting his eyes at the paper before looking at me. I pulled my shoulders up for a shrug as I tucked my hands out of my pockets and took a seat across from him.

"What are your thoughts about it?" I uttered, pouring two glasses of water and placing one in front of him.

Donovan Taylor returned my questioning gaze with one that seemed to be blank, but it was just a facade to be fooled with; he was trying to study me and figure me out because the man in front of me had a unique mind.

Through his incoherent, verdant eyes, one can see a naive soul, tricking those who try to underestimate him.

In reality, he was a cunning man, very intelligent, and calculated. He doesn't do a thing before running its possibilities through his mind a hundred times, if not a thousand times. He strikes his opponents in the courtroom when they least expect it; the moment they let their guards down, his victory can be announced in that second.