disney

• 🐝•

• 🐝•

"I feel terrible for Quasimodo," Sting whispers, popping a large handful of popcorn into his mouth. From the corner of your eye, you can see some of the salty snacks miss the target, landing on his lap. At this point, over an hour into the movie, his lap seemed to become a mess of food. With your legs thrown over his, you steal the fallen popcorn. "the gargoyles really are egging him on, aren't they?" 

His eyes were trained on the screen in front of you- one of the few times he was actually concentrated. Disney movies were one, studying was the other, and attempting to make your favourite waffles (and failing) was another. 

"Yeah, that's true," you say back, burying your shoulder further into his. Who could help it? Sting was a literal oven- his body temperature is always warm. "they kind of lead him on."

The both of you wince as Phoebus places Esmeralda's hand on his heart, and Quasimodo's features twist into horror and heartbreak. The hunchback turns away as they share a kiss. 

This was the third Disney movie of the night- the Little Mermaid and 101 Dalmations were its predecessors.  

"We were kind of like Phoebus and Esmeralda, weren't we," a wry smile appears on your lips. "fighting like that when we were younger." 

"Those were some epic sass battles," Sting agrees, slipping an arm around your shoulders. You can feel his hand press into your right shoulder, fingers stroking the uncovered skin from your tank top. "it took us a hell of a lot longer to get to the dating stage, though." 

"That's because you never made a move on me," your voice turns teasing. "Phoebus here has the right idea with that smooth confession." 

He scowls, but not at me- straight at the blonde, blue-eyed ex-soldier on the screen. You laugh, unable to notice the similar traits between the two of them. "Well, if your people were under threat by the Church and I had to save a family from a housefire than things would certainly speed up with all those life-threatening situations." 

Sting's voice became softer and softer, laughs invading the room, and your minds get tugged back to the final battle on screen.