Chapter 17: Todoroki v.s. Midoriya

Shoto Todoroki

Quirk: Half Cold Half Hot

Isn't the picture adorable?

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked up the steps of the arena. We stared at each other waiting for Present Mic to say the word.

'I can't allow him to use that power of his too much,' I thought 

Once, Present Mic said the word the battle was on. I was the first to make a move by sending ice toward Midoriya. As the sped toward him he used his power and sent the ice back to me along with a huge gust of wind. I looked at Midoriya and his finger was broken.

'Just as I expected he's prepared to injure himself to counter me,' I thought before sending more ice. Just as before he destroyed my ice and now another one of his fingers was broken.

"Let's continue," I told Midoriya. I sent more ice but just as before he would use his Quirk to smash the ice.

"You wanted an endurance match, but I'll end this quickly,"

I used the same attack and waited for when Midoriya used his power to break the ice and ran toward him as I made an ice ramp. I knew he would destroy it so when he did I came down for a punch but to no avail, he dodged it.

When he dodged my attack I used my power to trap him. My ice caught his foot but that didn't last long when he punched the trap. The wind from that punch pushed me back so I made an ice barrier behind me.

"That was a lot more powerful than your previous attacks. You're trying to keep me away, right?" I told Midoriya, "What's the matter you really all that worn out from defending against my attacks. I'm sorry about this but thanks for drawing it out look at him,"

I looked at the crowd and saw him. I could tell that he was furious by the way he stared down at us.

"He's furious that I'm not using his power. If your hands like that then you can't fight me, can you? Why don't we end this?" I sent an even bigger ice spear than the other times.

"I'm not done yet," he destroyed it again. It sent me flying backward I was so close to being sent out of bounds when I made an ice barrier behind me.

 "You broke your finger? Why going this far?" I asked

"You're trembling, Todoroki. It's easy to forget that Quirks are physical abilities that means there's only so much cold you're body can take, right? Usually, you'd make up for the drop in temperature by using the heat from your left side but you refuse to do that now," Midoriya said, "We're all giving it our all. We're trying to make our dreams a reality to become Number One. You think you can win with only half your strength! Look at me Todoroki, you haven't managed to put a single scratch on me. So come at me with all you've got!"

"Midoriya, what are trying to do here? You want my fire! What did my monster of a dad bribe you or something? Now I'm mad!"

 I ran toward him.

'In close quarters, there's no way he'll be able to dodge me,' I thought, but once I lifted my right foot. He activated his Quirk and punched my stomach. When he punched me I touched his left hand.