🌺

(Part 2)

He calculated her responses and observed her for a minute or two before sinking back into his own leather seat and pushing his notepad across the table towards her

He calculated her responses and observed her for a minute or two before sinking back into his own leather seat and pushing his notepad across the table towards her. Confused, she looked up at him questioningly and met his gaze. It was her first eye contact ever since the moment she walked into his office. His eyes held a different kind of spark, an understanding and consideration she wasn't known to. Like he had figured her all out despite knowing nothing about her at all. Unconsciously, she tucked a strand of hair behind her ear and broke the eye contact. She stretched her hand to retract back his notepad, feeling all alert under his intense gaze.

He had neat handwriting but that wasn't what made her draw her brows together in mild shock, "how did you..." her mouth felt dry all of a sudden, crease lines embellishing her forehead.

He had written down her traits, with a lot of flow charts and arrows that only confused her but a few words visibly popped up like OCD, social anxiety, sleeping disorder, insomnia, low self-esteem, emotional blindspot...

"Emotional blind spot?" She questioned. He held her gaze once again, looking too eager to answer, making her feel as if he had been waiting for her to pick up on those words and question him. But instead, he stood up from his leather seat, straightened his almost crippled white dress shirt and started walking around the table towards her seat.

She self-consciously straightened up and pushed herself back in her own seat.  He came to stand before her and decided to lean back against the table, not breaking the eye contact once. He sure was invading her personal space, which was rather an unprofessional move in his book and made him mentally cringe at his recklessness. "Everyone has an emotional blind spot that's somewhat a root to all their emotional instability or rather problems in simpler words. It could be love or attachment, rejection, separation, anything... "

"And what do you think is my emotional blindspot?" She tilted up her chin to the same plane of gaze as his, so she could directly look into his dark eyes. Her own gaze was partly evasive.

"Commitments." He answered in monotone. He could sense her waiting for him to elaborate his statement, "you're scared of commitments. It suffocates you somewhat. Maybe you're scared of people leaving you, so you leave them before they do. It can be emotionally satisfying at the particular time but it's emotionally draining you out as well. A never-ending cycle of restlessness."

She felt her mouth gasping in shock at him. She felt personally attacked in a way. It felt like he just peeled off a few layers of her and exposed her to his crude gaze. In an emotional hypersensitive state, she unconsciously wrapped her hands around herself which didn't go unnoticed and he suppressed a smile.

"How did you figure out all this?" She held up the notepad at him, almost pleading for answers. Today she didn't recant when a complete stranger called out on her, even if he put 'doctor' before his name. Her defence seemed to be melting and all she could do was ask him how he got to her within the span of an hour despite her not sharing any personal details. He started intriguing her. As if on cue, he read her thoughts,