Chapter 3: Molly Helped

Start from the beginning

I walked into 221B to see Sherlock looking at something on the table. I looked around at the flat expecting it to be a mess since I was not here to clean it, but to my surprise the flat was neat. There wasn't even a pile of papers on the floor. It was nice to see, but kind of weird. I almost thought I walked into the wrong flat if I didn't see Sherlock in the kitchen. "Ah Rori can you get me a cup of water?" Sherlock asked me, not taking his eyes off the little jar full of something that I think saw move.

I raised my eyebrow at him. I didn't even get a welcome home? It was like I never left. But I guess what would I expect from Sherlock. "Sure." I walked into the kitchen and got a glass of water and gave it to him. "What's this for?"

"Me, I needed a drink," he said and downed the glass in gulp.

"It's great to see you as well," I said getting irritated with him. I walked back into the living room and collapsed into the couch. I winced as I felt my side. I broke something, I knew that for a fact.

"John and his wife are on their way."

I looked at him with a frown. "His wife? I thought they got a divorce." 

Sherlock shrugged. "Worked it out."

Dang it John. I thought you got yourself together. "That's exciting," I said with little emotion in my voice. "Thanks, but I don't feel like going to do anything." I closed my eyes, already feeling sleep take hold again. I felt like crap and I just wanted to sleep for days.

"I made dinner. We're eating here."

My eye popped open as I looked at him. "You made dinner?" I raised an eyebrow.

"With Molly's help."

"With Molly's help?" How long had I been gone? Did that much really change since I left?

"Yes I just said that didn't I?" he said and walked into the living room. He took a seat on a chair and looked at me from head to toe. "You look like Hell."

"Why thanks for stating that," I said sarcastically.

"Didn't get a chance to wash up?"

"Nope. Kale got me out of that Russian interrogation room and put on a plane first thing."

"John can fix you up."

Lack of sleep getting the better of me, I snapped. "I don't need John's help. I can do things on my own you know." I stood up and walked clumsily into my bedroom to see all the books and papers I had were gone. I was to the point of a break down. I wanted my things to be like they always were but nothing seemed the same. "Where the hell are my things?!?"

"I put them in storage."

I threw my hands in the air. Did he not think I would ever come back? "Great, just great. Another thing to add to my ever-growing list of things to do," I mumbled and sorted through my clothes that were left in a dresser to pick out something better then what I had on now. I picked out a simple black skirt with a white button down shirt. It looked nice enough for friends and I didn't have to move much to get the shirt on.

After I washed my face of all dirt I saw how bruised my face actually was. With a frown I walked back into the family room to see John and Marry sitting on the couch with Sherlock in the kitchen. "Hiya," I said causally like I just saw them only a few days ago.

"Oh Rori! It's so good to see you again," Marry gushed as both of them stood up from the couch they were sitting at.

"Thanks. You too," I said with lack of emotion in my voice.

"We missed you Rori. We all missed you," John said and gave me a hug that made me wince. As he pulled away, he noticed my face for a split second before I had chance to cover it up. "What happened? Are you ok?" His fingers traced a bruise across my cheek bone.