Chapter 3

Continued Tris Pov

David. I should've known. He'd always been obsessive over the idea that they were doing everything right, and that killing many innocent abnegation had been "for the greater good". I smile at him. "Why hello David! Such a pleasure to see you today!" I spit sarcastically. I glare, staring him down. He just laughs. "Not very smart, now, are we? To not bring a gun, or even expect someone to be waiting for you here!" He laughs again. I smirk. If he thinks I'm that stupid, he's got another thing coming. I still have Caleb's gun in the waistband of my jeans, pressing tight against my skin. And I can guess that he didn't bring extra bullets. In fact, the small pistol he's holding currently can hold three bullets. Just three. Stupid. "Ha. What a sense of humor you've got. But It's not good to be a hypocrite David" I say, grinning. This takes him off guard. "What do you mean by hypocrite, Beatrice?" He says, with just a slight quiver in his voice. I step to the side once and smile. " It's just Tris. And I mean the fact that you have one small pistol with three bullets, and no guards around you. I mean the fact that you are in a wheelchair, and are not stable on two feet. And finally, I mean the fact that you aren't dauntless, and I am. Dauntless tend to stick together, you know." At that second I hear the whirring vacuum like noise coming from behind me. I laugh at David, who looks as confused as ever. "So, David, ever heard of a vacuum? Oh and not the regular vacuum , but one that sucks up dirt with a hose, or even....death serum?!" I laugh some more. I'm starting to think I'm delirious, that the serum did something to me. I'm probably right. I'm acting different than I usually do. "We're coming Caleb!" I hear Tobias shout. "Is anyone in there?". I open my mouth to speak, but David interrupts me. "Speak and you die" he hisses while the gun in his hand shakes. "Shoot and you die" I hear Tobias say right next to my ear. I jump back. "Tobias! Oh my gosh, that scared me!" I say while laughing, hysteria bubbling up inside of me. "Tris!" says Tobias, shock covering his face. I nod. He turns towards David. "We won't hurt you ,David, as long as you put the gun down" Tobias says sternly. "And why should I do that?" David fiercely states. Tobias just motions for him to put the gun down. David sighs wearily and slowly moves his hand toward the ground with the gun. I'm sighing with relief when it happens. David jerks his hand up and shoots. I hear the whistle of the bullet as it comes toward me and I can't move. I can't move.

----------------------------------------------

Hey guys! So....how's that for a cliffhanger? You're welcome! I promise she doesn't die, like I said, I did not like when that happened in allegiant. It might take a while for the next chapters, as I have school to go to :P

Remember, keep calm and read on

-Emily🐙