He rubs my shoulders and I feel my eyes droop. I could fall asleep here, standing in his arms. "Katie," He whispers. I shake my head. No, I don't want to think right now. I just need silence. I need something to keep my mind from dealing with everything. I'm tired of being confused and sad and lonely. I look at his face and look in his eyes. 

I don't know how I fell about him, but I know one thing for sure. I want him.

---

I laid after, feeling once again, empty. It worked though. For a while, I forgot about everything and I could only see him. Be with him. 

I hear my shower turn on and the curtains close. Sitting up, I grab my clothes and put them back on, my undergarments, then my dress. 

A knock on my door stops me. Shit shit shit shit shit.

"Hello?" I say as I open the door just a peek. 

Kallan's face comes into view. "I have news," He says as he barges in through the door.

"Oh!"

He smiles, "Yeah, oh. I don't know if it's real or-"

"Kal, what is it?"

"We could go back!" 

I look at him silently, hearing my shower still running. "Back?"

He comes closer to me, "Home. We could go back home."

My eyes widen, "Home? Like...like-"

"Earth."

Tears fill my eyes. Yes, I can finally leave. I can get out of here and far away and back home or the closest thing to home. "Earth. We can leave? When!"

"Soon. Very soon," I smile and quickly hug him.

I feel him freeze, "Who's here?"

My shower stops and the sound of wet footsteps comes closer. Shit. Kallan looks at me curiously. "Its no one."

The bathroom door opens and Tony comes out in nothing but a towel, looking for his clothes that are sprung on my floor. Worst. Timing. Ever.

I look back at Kallan and see him now noticing all of the evidence. My messy hair and smeared makeup. 

I don't know what goes through Kallan's mind, but he simply looks at me and nods his head. "Jenna is cooking dinner. She'll be done soon. We can...talk about it later."

I nod my head, "Ok," I look up at him, "Love you."

He smiles, "I love you too, Katie."

He leaves, closing the door quietly so I can barely hear it latch. My smile goes away. "What was that about?" Tony asks as he bends down to grab his clothes. 

"He came to tell me some good news."

He stands taller now, coming closer to me, "Good news?" The corners of his lips go up a little, "Haven't heard that word in months. What is the good news?"

I go up to him and wrap my arms around his waist, "We can go home," His arms wrap around me too, his hands going to the hem shirt. 

"Home?" He questions, looking confused. 

"Home, as in Earth! I don't know about the fog, or any information yet, but we could go home!"

He smiles, "Earth. But, since most of Earth is destroyed, then where would we go?"

"I don't know. But, being back home would be better than staying here."

"But what if they're able to do that again?" He asks, "What if they could do something worse? I don't want to risk you getting hurt, Katie. There are already so many ways that you could get hurt, that I don't want there to be anymore. I want, that while I'm with you, that you feel safe," He comes closer to me, "That you are safe."

I shake my head, I don't want to talk anymore. I want to go back, and never have to remember anything anymore.

"We can't get sappy right now, Tony. We need to talk to everyone and get more information about going home."

His eyes harden and he lets me go, tightening the towel around his lower half, "I'll leave. Then we can talk to everyone."

He walks around me and swiftly walks out of my room. "If you regret it, Katie. You can tell me. I'm really sorry if you do."

Shit. I'm an asshole. "No, Tony I-"

"It's fine, Katie. I'll see you for dinner."

He leaves me alone in my room that now feels small. 'Do I regret it?' I'm so selfish. I did what I wanted at the moment, that I didn't think if I really wanted it. If what I would feel after it would affect how I feel for Tony overall. I don't love him. I don't even know if I like him. "Shit!" I hiss, pulling at my hair.  

I need a shower. I need to wash my hair and just erase everything. I rip my clothes off, rip out my hair tie, and step into my shower. Warm water spills on my skin and runs over my hair. 

If only, the shower could wash away the past months. Wash away all I've learned about my real family, and that my mom and dad aren't really my mom and dad.