The Reckoning

Chapter 12: Night School

{I apologize in advance for this extra-long A/N. Also, there's another at the bottom.}

Ok...

So...

I'm so sorry.

I was too excited to get to Night School.

I've been wanting to write this episode since before I even thought of writing this book and I couldn't wait any longer. Plus, Rae was staying home for a few days after the movie store incident anyways and there's like four days in between these episodes so...

I could've easily written original content and important scenes in other POV's, but I'd really rather just do this.

**Extra rest and use of a heating pad and her brace healed her faster than the doctors' original estimates as they had added strain, misuse of the brace, etc into their calculations. You'll learn more in the chapter I just don't want anyone thinking she healed supernaturally fast. And she's still hurt, she just doesn't need her brace anymore.

(For those of you who would like a summary of what would have happened: Stiles would have awoken to a text in the morning from his father explaining what had happened the night before and telling Stiles that Natalie had called to tell him Stiles had fallen asleep at her house. Also a text from Scott apologizing for his dad getting hurt. An adorable scene of Stiles trying desperately not to wake up Rae as he had to get up for school, before tucking her now laying body down and heading out since he was about to be late. A scene with Rae and Lydia lying in bed next to each other, just being there for each other before they took a nap. Also some more scenes before that with Rae being really out of it and trying to read a book, etc. Scene of Derek chasing Scott in Derek's POV. (I personally think it would've been hilarious.) Stiles throwing lacrosse balls at Scott. Ending with Derek beating up Deaton in Deaton's POV(if I could've managed it, Deaton might just be too baller for my writing 'skills.'))

It probably would've been a dope chapter or two and I honestly could've even written a third chapter from The Tell, but I didn't want to. I like how I ended that episode. And it wasn't really necessary. Sorry to disappoint if you wanted Heart Monitor, but welcome to Night School, everyone.

Happy reading :s

~SiriusCatBennett

I needed to get out of here.

I'd been home too long. My thoughts had turned on me.

I knew that it wasn't possible, but that didn't stop my mind from running through everything over the past few weeks.

How the boys had been acting.

Derek Hale suddenly always being around.

Scott's strange actions and improvements.

No. 

It was the stuff of fantasy. It was what was in the books lining the shelves in my room, not existing in the real world to torment those of us who were 'normal.'

Without my approval, jagged cuts of the scenes that played out in the movie store entered my mind.

I needed to get out of here.

Changing into something more comfortable, I carefully pulled on my running shoes, still needed to be easy on my back.

Pulling my hair up into a ponytail, I let out a breath of air and headed for the door.