Chapter 1: Asking For a Friend

A figure could be seen walking along a red carpet trailing past all the extravagant dancing blue flames, paintings, and gold that glittered surrounding walls and highest points of the castles decorative ceiling. As the figure came to a stop they were faced with two towering doors, straightening their hat and slightly odd suit they continued through the doors into the other room. Looking around the room could only be described as power and wealth that framed around the entities presence who was sitting upon a throne.

"Hello little brother~" larger man greeted slightly tipping his hat to the unimpressed teen before him.

"Hello Mephisto, what is it that you want this time hm?" he replied calmly, making the other's face switch to a frown "why I'm offended brother, what would make you think I was up to anything?"

"When aren't you up to something?" a single eyebrow was raised "you are one of the people I trust the least and for good reasons too". Mephisto's face contoured quickly to a cocky grin "ah~don't you know me so well, also when did you get so serious now your starting to sound like Yukio". Looking almost nostalgic he replied "well what can I say after hearing his constant nagging and becoming the official prince of Gehenna I've grown up quite a bit, it's charming isn't?". The others face quickly morphed into a black stare almost saying 'you're kidding yourself right?'.

Rin barked out a laugh "ok I get it I'm still pretty childish even now considering I'm 50 years old despite looking 16 still " making mephisto look more accepting of the answer with his signature smile "your still a child Rin practically an infant". He chuckled before he soon going back into his perfectly practiced regal composer " no but really Mephisto what is it that you really came here for?".

Mephisto sighed making his eyes focus more on the other half demon's eyes, tension slowly started building up from his hesitance "Rin I need to request a favour of you". The statement alone thrown the younger demon off not expecting the statement from the other, silence enveloped them doing nothing for the lingering tension. Composing himself again Rin's relaxed back into his seat keeping his imposing aura " what could you possibly need that you would ask me for a favour, unless you're up to no good again getting me involved".

Sighing again the elder brother now fell under the others doubtful gaze "no Rin I'm not, not this time anyway" a smile flickered on "I'm in need of your assistance for an old friend of mine that wants you personally to help with this". Confused he rested his head on his one hand exaggerating further his confusion "why would he need me hm?".

"He knows who you are from what you are in the past to what has led you into who you are now in the present as a strong righteous ruler, we both know that you are capable of overcoming any dilemmas that may come along if you were to take upon the task"

..."wow you're either trying to really butter me up to go along or your actually serious right now"

"I'm serious about this Rin it's important"

"...O..okay fine I'll help, who is this old 'friend' you're talking about anyway"

Flashing a smile he replied "his name is Clockwork, he's the master of time" shocking Rin "but wait, aren't you the demon king of time and space though?" chuckling at the comment "ah yes~, but Clockwork is a ghost and not a king of space, he only governs the time stream, although he's not under my rule I can still persuade him to some degree on equal terms, and through this we are able to find common interests and become what you might call friends". Doubting the intentions of the elder demon "so tell me what Clockwork actually wants me to do".

"All you have to do is find the king of a realm known as the Ghost Zone and create an alliance between both ghosts and demons simple as that"

Doubting the other man's words even further "Mephisto let's be real there's more isn't there?" smiling even further "of course, how could I forget but now that you mention it, buuuut I don't think I will tell you because wouldn't the fun would be lost now wouldn't it?".

"Are you actually trying to get me to change my mind?"

"So you won't help?"

"No I'll still help, things around the kingdom are getting quite predictable and I want to know more about these ghosts, they sound quite amusing". Throwing his hands up in glee "Great! You'll leave right away!~" shocking the demon prince once again. "what!? But I have stuff that I need to attend as a ruler!" he was fuming as he jumped out of his throne, but his words fell to deaf ears as the other ignored the younger male and pointed his cane to the boy. "Eins,Zwei, Drei!" creating the air around them to shift as a dark purple portal started to form below the half demon, making Rin fall through into the portal "don't worry Rin I'll take care of everything while your gone!~" he heard through the opening that seemed to echo around him as he fell further into the depth 'damn you Mephisto!'.

Through the portal he traveled but unable to keep consciousness, overwhelming his mind from the pressure of the portal. But through all the darkness led the unconscious body safely to his destination, slowly Rin's eyes started to flutter. Regaining consciousness he tried to look around "what the hell... where am I?" he said still trying to adjust to the light. Only for Rin to notice he was no longer in his throne room but was laying on the side of the road, continuing to look around, Rin's mind finally caught up to his predicament.

Anger fueling his body he punched the ground leaving a dent "damn you Mephisto, what the hell is wrong with you!" the half demon was left a heaving mess as he let his anger out to calm himself down... 'now since where the hell do I go now'. Standing up from the ground he quickly dusted himself off, lifting his head up he sniffed the air 'hmm I smell humans pretty close by... and something else... it smells kinda like a demon but not quite, is that maybe to ghost?". Facing the direction the strong smell was coming from he started making his way down the long road, taking him 30 minutes before he reached a big sign outside of a fairly small town (Welcome To Amity Park) "well looks like I finally found where the smell of humans and what I can only assume are the ghost"

To Be Continued...

HEY GUYS what's up I finally got the first chapter up and written I hope you like this version more I wanted to add more detail and make it just a tad more interesting if you noticed what I did, but I'm super excited let me know what you think I love reading your comments, I always try to respond as fast as I can!!!^^