This is so embarrassing. "I'm s-so sorry you gu-guys." They walk over and sit down next to me, both hugging me from either side.

"Oscar whatever it is isn't your fault. We're your best friends we just want to help you ok?"

"P-please just- don't j-judge or le-leave me." I wipe away my tears as the two move to sit in front of me.

"Oscar we aren't going to abandon you, we love you so much and whatever it is, we will love and help you through it." I nod slowly.

"W-well it started w-when my m-mom left. M-my d-dad went to d-drinking to cope and it g-got w-worse and worse. H-he blamed me for my m-mom leaving and g-grew to hate me. He said he ca-can't or won't re-really do things f-f-for himself so he gave me all o-of his chores but af-af-after a while he uh... he soon s-started too... h-he started too..." I frown and stare at my hands.

I can't do it.

The words won't form in my mouth. I told Lizzie about this when I was eight meaning for the past nine years i've never told anyone.

It's embarrassing, really it is. It's so overwhelming and stupid and I hate it.

"Your dad hurts you huh?" I scrunch up my face hearing the words said back to me. I slowly nod. "What else does he do?"

"He sa-says hor-horrible things t-to me and h-his friends c-come over and... t-they hurt me to-too." I bite my lip nervously.

I can't believe I said it.

"Your dad and his friends physically and mentally hurt you?" I nod slowly, not looking at either of them. I sigh wanting to tell them more but I can't, I've never told anyone about it.

I've never said it out loud and I never will.

"Pl-please don't think ab-about it too m-much really i'm f-fine I just panicked to-tonight and i'm re-really just b-being dramatic about the w-wh-whole thing, it's n-not that bad really, its qu-quite embarrassing."

They both stay quiet, just staring at me as though they are trying to process the whole thing.

Please don't let them leave me. I don't think I could-

"Oscar, you shouldn't be embarrassed at all. This- you're not being dramatic whatsoever, god if all those times you came in with bruises and cuts were from him then- holy shit Oscar you're so brave. Thankyou for telling us."

"Yeah we love you so much, we would never abandon you, especially not because you told us this." I cling to them as they pull me into a hug, happiness and sadness overwhelming me.

They dont hate me.

They pull away and smile softly at me.

"So-sorry for making t-this all dramatic. I d-didn't mean to make y-you worry." They stare at me before looking at each other and then back to me.'

"Oscar, you know you don't deserve this right?" I freeze.

"W-well..."

"Oscar I know this is hard for you but I really need you to know this isn't your fault and you've done nothing to deserve this. You aren't being dramatic, we've seen the outcome of these situations and the fact you've kept this to yourself for so long? God Oscar. You deserve the world. You're the kindest human on the planet and- god you've been dealing with the shit from peter too god you're amazing!" I feel my lip tremble.

It's so hard to believe them but I want too, I really do.

"T-thankyou." They smile.

"Can... can I ask you questions? I mean I understand if you don't want to talk anymore about it I just want to sort of clear things up." I nod slowly.