Not So Normal Anymore

!warning! there will be gore, self harm, and mentions of suicide in this chapter.

after a few hours of walking around hopes peak academy, the two boys stopped by korekiyos lab. "ah.. i dont believe ive been here yet." amami said, looking at the door of korekiyos lab. ouma snickered. "i dare you to go in and touch one of korekiyos thingys!" he purred. rantaro, not wanting kokichi to be bored and go cause trouble, walked into the lab with the smaller boy. rantaro stopped near the entrance and looked around the room. there were strange items and statues all over the place. it almost reminded amami of his home.. wait- what home? he shook his head, trying to remember, but nothing came up. he sighed and looked at kokichi. the liar was staring up at him, giggling. "come on! touch a thingy!" he said, almost bouncing up and down with excitement. rantaro groaned and walked off, the other boy following right behind him. rantaro spotted something that looked more valuable than the others. he pointed to it and asked, "touch this one?" kokichi nodded and squeaked with excitement. rantaro sighed and put his arm down, walking over to the thing that looked like a sword. he decided to inspect it, making sure it wouldnt break easily. he knew korekiyo would kill him if it broke.. he went behind the stand the item was on and gasped, his slightly tan face turning pale. a body... korekiyos body.. so close.. just sitting there.. holy fuck his body looked so mangled and disgusting- rantaro gagged and backed away with trembling legs. he had never seen a body up close like this before. all of a sudden, amami felt helpless and weak.. he wouldnt be able to handle this after what happened to kaede. he gave ouma a terrified look and leaned against the wall, sliding down and hugging his knees in fear. ouma knew what was coming if he looked behind the stand... he didnt wanna look. but... his beloved amami was in pain. he stepped closer to rantaro, trying to avoid looking at the body infront of them. he grabbed rantaro by his arm and helped him up, dragging him away from the body and to the entrance. he propped rantaro up against the wall and sat down next to him. "amami... shh... its okay... its gonna be ok.." he whispered into amamis ear comfortingly. amami shook his head and began to sob, his cool and laid back personality flowing out of him, leaving only anxiety. "w- w- were all gonna die!" he gasped out, leaning his weak, defenseless body onto ouma. kokichi bit his lip, fearing that amami wouldnt be himself from now on. "no, amami... were gonna live.. i promise.." he cooed, rubbing rantaros back.

"lets just get it over with... kill me!" amami snarled, clawing at himself. ouma gasped and hugged amami tightly, trying to calm him down. "no, no, no! amami, were ok! see?! im here!" he squeaked out nervously. he hated seeing rantaro like this... it was like he was a whole new person. thankfully, amami did start calming down. he looked to the old scars on his wrist he created from when kaede died and sighed. "i- i think im ok now.." he grumbled, closing his eyes. "alright... lets go to the gym..." ouma said, helping amami up and walking to the gym where everyone shouldve gathered by now. rantaro and ouma didnt hear the 'body has been discovered' announcement, but it shouldve happened... no one was there. then rantaro remembered something.. he didnt smell blood when confronted with the body... wow. was this all some sick joke? rantaro began to get mad at himself, but laughed it off. "that body mustve been a fake!" he chuckled. ouma groaned in annoyance and walked back to the dorm rooms with amami. wow... how fucking sick.