II | Eons Of History

Start from the beginning

"Well, I want to entrust this mission to you personally..."

Personally? I tilted my head.

"Though it will take quite a long time to accomplish but I believe that you will still take this mission I assume?"

I nodded eagerly, "Of course, Oyakata-sama! No matter how long."

"That's good, but I want you to be very careful with this mission..."

Why?

~ • ~

I didn't have a Tsuguko, but I entrusted the region to the demon slayers of lower ranks and under my command. I wondered if the other Pillars knew but if they didn't, I was sure that they would take care of my place.

My only companion was a white bunny. Ever since I saved it, it always continued to follow me wherever I go, whether or not I was fighting demons, it stayed watching me. It took a while but I decided to take it with me in the end.

 It took a while but I decided to take it with me in the end

The bunny's name was Koru. Gender, male.

I carried on to my destination as Koru took a nap on my head. My destination right now was Mt Sagiri, where Urokodaki was, so that I could bid him goodbye before leaving for awhile.

I arrived and landed on a tree branch as I saw a familiar boy training hard. I smiled from under the mask and continued to search for Urokodaki. I landed behind him softly, staring at his back as he continued to work.

"You should've told me you were coming."

I chuckled lightly, "Well I am in a bit of a hurry for my next mission, and it was so soon I thought to surprise you instead..."

He turned around, "Why in a hurry?"

"I'm not supposed to say the details but all I will allow to tell you though is that this will be a really long mission, and I don't know if I'll see you again, so I dropped by..." I told him walking closer as he did the same. Then he gave me a hug.

"Come back to me alive, you understand?..."

~ • ~

I couldn't forget about Nezuko so I visited her at Urokodaki's house. I knelt beside her, holding her hand gently, as the other gently caressed her face.

"Protect your brother well. He's counting on you... Everyone else is. Wake up soon, okay?" I lightly kissed her forehead, bidding her a farewell.

It's unbelievable but... I also feel there is hope.

~ • ~

After my farewells were sent with Nezuko and Urokodaki, I thought I should leave that boy a small farewell too. I jumped over to where I last saw him, still there practicing with a sword Urokodaki gave him. Then a small thought occurred.

Shall I play with him for a bit?

I used my technique, Silent Night, which enabled me to conceal everything on myself. My presence, the sounds, the scent... Hiding me from sight. The only way to break it would be touching me, so then I would have to be careful moving in crowds. Though this technique is only used to pursue, eavesdrop, or ambush, anything else would be to use it for tricks.

I stepped behind him gently, then blew behind his ear. I saw him freeze up before looking back, I ducked so he wouldn't face me eye to eye. Then I moved in front and tapped him, he looked to where I was but I was now dangling on a tree branch, upside down as I laughed internally at him.

"Who's there?!" He yelled out, looking around for any signs of movement. I couldn't help it anymore and giggled, turning his attention to me now.

"I'm sorry. You were so focused that it felt impossible to resist playing with you!..." I put a hand over to where my mouth was to show that I was going to stop laughing since I had a mask on.

"You..." He murmured.

I held my hand out, "Giyū only briefly mentioned my name so I don't expect you to remember quite well..."

"... Mashiro?" He tilted and raised a brow.

"... First name bases?... In that case, will you share your name to allow me to call you quite casually as well?" I leaned a little close to him, he blushed and nodded.

He shook my hand, smiling, "Kamado Tanjiro!"

"... Tanjiro, huh..." He glanced at me in confusion, "No, nothing... I was just testing your name with my lips." He blushed, "Tanjiro... This training will benefit you and your sister overall, this will help you move forward. The road will be tough so I don't expect you to be perfect first try. As long as you don't give up- to keep moving is the key." I told him before disappearing similar to last time.

Koru on top of me yawned as he awoke. He rolled around on my head, cuddling with my snow white hair. I patted him lightly before retracting my hand as I continued to run.

I don't think I'll forget Oyakata-sama's words...

_\\\\_