0:10

i should start writing these

-

"Fuck. Fuck!" Erick cursed. Illusion was next. He watched Taking Back September exit the stage, cheering and sweating. Their song was really shitty, and he felt kind of bad for them. It was about sex and cigarettes, and they didn't have a very specific flow. They stood still the whole time they preformed, but then again, so did most of the bands that had preformed. Illusion was last up, and once their name was shouted through the speakers and Weston ran on stage, he was ready.

"How's everyone doing tonight?" Weston said into the microphone, his eyes scanning the crowd, meeting pairs of eyes. He could feel their gazes on him, taking him in like he was their drug. He had them hooked already, he could feel it. "I'm Weston"

"Billie"

"Erick"

"Zion"

"And we're Illusion. Hit it, boys!" Weston cheered, Zion slowly starting a run up beat before rushing right into it. To the bands suprise, members of the crowd were yelling their lyrics back to them, singing and dancing along.

They were only on stage for a few minutes, but it felt like hours. They were so in the moment, jumping around and interacting with the audience. They were alive.

Sylvain frowned at her phone, watching results go up and down. Illusion was number one currently, but usually the crowds voted more for the current band on stage. She knew they were killing it, but she knew that when you get to the top there's only one place left to go, and that's down.

"WE FUCKING KILLED IT!" Weston screamed once he was off stage, grabbing Sylvain and picking her up. She laughed as he squeezed the shit out of her, and she briefly wondered if he was going to crush her ribs.

"You guys were amazing" Sylvain hugged each band member, pulling Billie in last. She wrapped one arm around her waist before pulling away, giving her microphone to a stage director.

"Attention band members, please get back on stage. Attention managers, please meet at exit B for a brief discussion."

The members of Illusion all gave each other a confused glance before doing as instructed, stepping back on stage along with the other bands. The crowd screamed, excited for what was about to happen.

Sylvain made her way to exit B, meeting a bunch of other confused managers. A stage director briefly explained that this was usually how eliminations went, and that one band would be sent home based on the votes of home viewers and live audience members. The stage director told them that they had to stay backstage.

Billie didn't even sweat. Her eyes looked up to the screen, the results page loaded and Robert standing in front of the stage, telling the audience they had two minutes to vote for their favorite band before the votes were locked in.

"I love you Weston!" somebody screamed, and Weston's eyes met a girl's. He grinned at her, mouthing an 'I love you too!' before looking back up at the screen.

Billie waved at a few people that were waving at her, feeling excited. She couldn't wait for her mom to watch her win this competition with her band. She was going to prove that music really was her thing, and that having a fancy degree wasn't necessarily the key to a successful future.

"Alright! The votes are set! Now, are we suprised by our first place winners?" Robert laughed. "Here, I'll let you all say it for me. On the count of three...one...two..."

"ILLUSION! ILLUSION!" The crowd chanted. Erick grinned, Zion laughed. Billie smirked. Weston bit his lip to hold back a smile. Truthfully, they already knew they'd win this one.