0:09

uhm fuck uh i haven't read this chapter since September so sorry if there's mistakes or sumn

-

Billie stepped out of the bathroom feeling amazing. She hadn't slept that good in a very long time. She supposed it was because you sleep better when you feel safe.

"Good morning, Billie." Sylvain acknowledged, waving her over with her hand. Billie repeated the sentence and watched as Sylvain rummaged around through the fridge. She allowed her mind to wander to last night, how Sylvian's hair was loose in its bun, and how it's back in its usual style.

"I went out earlier, got you this" She pushed a bottle of strawberry milk on the island towards her "I remembered you asked for it..so yeah. Thought I'd be nice."

The corner of Billie's mouth lifted into a small smile. "Thank you" she said softly, peeling back the blue protective wrapping and shaking the bottle before cracking it open.

"No problem. Uh, Weston is still asleep on the couch. And since you're up I'm gonna hop on the Wii, so..You're welcome to join me, I guess. If you want." Sylvain blushed a little, feeling shy for a reason that she didn't quite understand yet.

"Uh" Billie yawned, her eyes tearing "Sure, I'll play with you. Mario?"

"Yeah." She grinned, leading the way to Weston's room.

They had been playing for about an hour when Weston woke up."Hello" He mumbles, running a hand through his recently brushed hair and messing it up. Billie and Sylvain say it back, their eyes on the TV. Billie handed the control to Weston and reached into her pocket for a new stick of gum.

Billie would never admit it, but the gum Sylvain gave her quickly became her favorite. It was sweeter, but still cold and icy. It was also a lot softer than the previous gum she bought. She already had the name and brand memorized, knowing she'd go to the store and buy a few packs later. 5 gum, wintermint.

Billie chewed her gum and watched them play, feeling peaceful. Her newfound peace was short lived, though. Her phone vibrated- a sign she had recieved a text. She grabbed her phone and unplugged it from the borrowed charger before unlocking and checking the message.

B.K: Where are you? You ran off.

Billie: I'm with friends, stood over. Why?

B.K: Just making sure you're okay.

Billie exited out of the messenger app, looking at her lockscreen for a while. An old friend once told her that you can tell a lot based on somebody's lockscreen, and she wondered what her's reflected.

She locked her phone and lie flat on the mattress between the two, lazily chewing her gum as she watched them play. She put her head in Sylvian's lap and closed her eyes, not feeling tired, but calm once again.

Sylvain left the game and ran her fingers through Billie's hair. It was thin and soft, and it fell through her fingers like pools of enchanted water.

"I want to dye it a new color, I think" Billie said, her eyes still closed. Her voice was so soft and low that Sylvain instantly knew that it was a confession just for her. A peice of Bllie served on a golden tray, shiny and unpredictably beautiful. "I was thinking of pink-" she giggled softly "But I decided against it. That'd be weird"

"How about purple?" Sylvain suggested, her voice just as quiet. Billie opened her eyes to meet Sylvian's. Blue against warm pools of intellect.

"Mm, many types of purple. Love the car, but don't wanna match it" Billie blinked and raised an eyebrow "Give me a suggestion."