not-so-good feelings

I sit down by the wall as soon as I get out of class. This is fine. I can have my lunch here.

I get my lunch out of my backpack and kick it away once I yank it out. I don't even care about the barrage of people walking past me. I overhear some talking about me.

"What's she doing?"
"Oh my gosh, mood!"
I feel so distraught that I could just shove a pencil down their throats.

I hate life right now. I take a deep breath and close my eyes to keep my tears in. The clapping of shoes on the floor becomes less frequent. A friend of mine walked right past me. I heard their voice, talking to someone else.
Damn. Even (y/f/n) doesn't care about me.

I continuously take deep breaths as the urge to cry can no longer be kept in my stomach. I feel my face getting hot.
I don't need to cry. I'm fine. I'm fine.

I feel tears welling up in my eyes.
I'm fine...I am fine...I'm okay....

The hallway is silent by now. I hear someone place their backpack on the ground to the right of me, and then place their arm around me.
That can only be one person.

"You okay?" I hear (C/N) whisper in my ear. I nod.

"(Y/N)....don't lie to me." He pulls me closer. I sniff and cover my nose. I don't want him to know.

"It's n-nothing." I choke out quietly.
"You know I hate it when something's up and you won't tell me."
"I know." I open my eyes and look down, my vision being blurred from my tears.
"What's wrong...?"
I can't help it. I tell him everything.

I can barely get my words out by the time I'm finished. He pulls me even closer, to where my head rests on the side of his neck. I can feel how warm he is.

"It's gonna be okay, (Y/N)." He whispers in a soft and low voice.
"Thank you." I answer. Suddenly, the bell rings. Lunch is over.
"Now I'm gonna be hungry..." I sniff again.

"Listen, I'll buy you some dinner tonight. Besides, you can eat next period, right?"
"Yeah..." I pull away suddenly and get up.
"Wait....dinner? Tonight? But..."
He gets up, fumbles around his pocket, pulls out a piece of paper and hands it to me.
"I'll make the plans." He smiles. I take the paper and open it. It's his phone number.
"Alright." I smile back. That smile of his is just too contagious.
"There we go. Let's take you to class."

We arrive at the door.
"(C/N)... you know....you don't have to do any of this for me."
"What do you mean?" He furrows his brow.
"I mean....you just...you don't have to do all of this for me...you know? You don't have to if you don't want to. But I really appreciate you doing it. It means a lot to me."

"I do those things for a reason, you know." He tries to keep himself from smiling. His face turns slightly pinker.
"Really?"
"Yeah. Reason one, I don't feel like being an asshole towards you." He gets closer to me.

"Reason two..." he kisses me. I feel his lips and face become insatiably hot. I melt on the inside, but he becomes stiff. I place my hand on his cheek gently, and then he exhales gently and relaxes. He lets go of me.

"I think you know what I mean..." he smiles shyly.

"Yeah. I do." I smile gently. His face turns pink. I yank on his shirt and whisper in his ear;
"The bell's about to ring. Get to class, you dork."
I giggle and let go of his shirt.

"See you at dinner." He kisses my cheek and speeds right past me. My cheeks turn a rosy pink and I head to class.

(A/N: so it turns out the guy that I based this imagine off of actually likes me and I'm thrilled cause I like him back ok bye)