"Alex, I just finished making you some dinner." Alex smiled at his neighbour who has been looking after Aiden this week.

"Thank you, Mrs Robinson." Mrs Robinson was his 70-year-old neighbour. Her husband passed away a few years ago, and all her children moved to different part of the country, so when she offered to help Alex out sometimes he took her up on the offer.

"Alex how many time to I tell you to call me Monica." Alex chuckled and peeked his head into the lounge room to see Aiden fast sleep clutching his blanket tightly to his chest.

"How was he today?" Alex asked as he took a seat at the kitchen table.

"He was ok this morning, but around lunch he was crying that his chest was hurting and he kept coughing." Alex rubbed his face wishing he could help his little man. He really didn't want to go to the charity. He was thinking of calling up and saying he couldn't attend so he could look after Aiden.

However, he already promised Philip ages ago he would attend. If Aiden got worse Alex decided he wouldn't go, but if Aiden got better his brother could come over as planned to look after Aiden for the night.

"Well Alex I better get going. Have fun tomorrow." Alex walked Mrs Robinson out and waited until she was safely in her house. Walking back inside Alex picked up his phone and dialled Emilia's number.

"Hello."

"Hello Emilia, it's Alex." Why he said his name he will never know. Emilia chuckled on the other knowing who was ringing her without him having to say.

"Hello Alex. How was your day?" Alex walked into the kitchen grabbing and plate and started dishing himself some food out.

"Long and boring. How was your day?" He asked knowing she was down a person today.

"Good we weren't too busy which was nice. I finally managed to complete inventory, god that was a pain." Alex laughed glad that he never had to do that when he started the company.

"So, I was ringing to double check that you still were going to attend my work's annual charity with me tomorrow evening." Emilia smiled to herself as she admired the dress hanging in her bedroom. She picked it out earlier in the week when Alex invited her to the event.

"Yes, I am still coming, unless you have someone better to take." Emilia teased which caused Alex to laugh.

"Plans might change if Aiden isn't feeling well, but just giving you the heads up if the plans change." Emilia smiled on the other end understanding that Aiden would always come first and she didn't mind that.

"It's no problem. How is the little man doing?" Alex and Emilia talked a little longer before they both said goodnight.

"Okay night Emilia. I will pick you up around 6." Alex watched Aiden open his eyes and he smiled at his son whose eyes light up when he saw his father.

"Ok Alex I will see you then. Night." Alex hung up and went over to the couch crouching down.

"Hey, how are you feeling little man." Alex brushed hair off his face and frowned when he felt how hot he was.

"Daddy will be right back." Alex ran into the medicine cabinet and pulled out a thermometer and went back to Aiden. Alex place the thermometer under his arm and waited until it beeped. When it did Alex pulled it out and saw that Aiden had a slight fever.

"Daddy my chest hurt." Alex brushed his fingers through Aiden's hair.

"I know baby, daddy got you an appointment to see the doctors on Sunday." Right then Aiden started coughing and Alex wished from the bottom of his heart that he could take away the pain.

Perfectly Flawed (re-writing)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara