Chapter 8

Chapter 8- Edited 

Alex's week was so busy, before he knew it, it was Sunday. Alex spent his week coming and going from the office to meet up with clients and finalise mock ups that production was pumping out like water. He spent all Saturday running around from one end of Sydney to the other trying to collect everything he needed to start the Melrose pitch.

"Daddy when Aunty Crys coming?" Aiden asked as he watched his Dad running around the house thinking his dad was silly.

"She will be here soon Aiden." Alex kept looking at the clock praying that he wouldn't be late to pick up Emilia. His sister was coming around to pick up Aiden and take him back to her place to stay the night, while Alex spent the night out with Emilia. Alex had just finished packing Aiden's bag for the night when the bell rang.

"Aiden don't answer the door." Alex yelled rushing after his son who was opening the front door. Alex quickly picked up Aiden shaking his head at his son while smiling at his sister who was waiting.

"Jesus Alex. Don't you ever wear a shirt?" Alex shrugged his shoulders knowing he was only in his dress pants as he didn't want to ruin his shirt before he left.

"Come in Crystal. I just finished packing Aiden's stuff for the night." Crystal walked inside and was surprised to see how clean the place was. Normally when she came around the place was a mess and either she or her mother helped clean up the place.

"The place is clean." Alex rolled his eyes at his sister's statement and put Aiden on the floor.

"Yeah, don't know how though." Alex prayed that his sister didn't go upstairs because that was a mess as he quickly transferred the mess upstairs knowing she would say something if the house was a mess.

Alex picked up his shirt that was sitting on the chair and buttoned himself up before adding his bow tie.

"How do I look?" Alex asked his sister as he finished doing up his tie and making sure that he had everything in his pockets.

"You look fine Alex."

"Ok let me just grab my wallet then we can all leave." Alex quickly ran upstairs to grab his wallet and on the way out sprayed some cologne texting Emilia that he was on his way over.

"Ok Aiden you be good for Aunty Crystal ok and I will see you tomorrow after school." Alex kissed his sons head before saying goodbye to his sister and jumping in his car. He didn't have time to clean up his car and he was hoping Emilia didn't take too much notice of the back seat which was filled with toys and crap that belonged to Aiden. Once his sister left Alex put in Emilia's address and left hoping he wouldn't be late.

Emilia was pacing up and down her hallway wondering if what she was wearing was ok. She was a bundle of nerves as she waited for Alex. She had never been to the theatre before so she had no idea what she was supposed to wear. She looked at the clock again knowing she shouldn't have gotten ready so early because she hated nothing more than having to wait.

"God why am I even so nervous, it's just a date. You have been on a date before." She talked to herself hoping she didn't sound insane. She looked at the clock again and sighed when much time hadn't passed at all. Just when she was about to put a movie on to try and pass time the doorbell rang.

Emilia all, but ran towards the door and composed herself before she opened the door and saw purple.

"Hi, these are for you. I remembered you saying you liked purple flowers?" Alex felt heat rise to his cheeks as he handed Emilia the purple roses and watched as she took a sniff at them before smiling.