"Is that so..." She said in a weak voice as it she was against it. "You know you can't pick me up wearing a tux. My parent's will freak out. They are both homophobes."

"I know... But I'll find a way."

"Okay."

Nicole's POV

"What's up people? Why the sad face?" I greeted my friends as I approached our table.

It was Tony who answered. "Tin and Jane are having dress/tux trouble. James iPad is missing and Brad just broke up with his girlfriend."

"So basically, you're the only one that has no problem?"

"Not really... Since the person I asked to go to the ball still hasn't replied to me." Well... That's new. Tony was good looking and well built. I'm sure whoever that girl was trying to play hard to get.

"So how are you? You took quite a beating yesterday." Brad asked.

"It only hurts when I laugh or do sudden movement but other than that, I'm okay." I explained. "Sorry I stood you up yesterday, didn't know I was that tired."

"Nah... It's okay. Nat and her friend told us you were really exhausted." Jane replied. I wonder if Natalie told them about my living arrangement with Emilia.

"I'll make it up to you guys... I know we haven't bonded a lot but hey... Thank's giving break should be around the corner, what do you think of us hitting the road for a trip?"

"Great idea. We can go after that boring party that my parent's are forcing me to attend." James replied.

"You mean the Annual Enterprises Thanks Giving Charity Ball?" Tony asked.

"Yeah... That one. My parents said that it should be a good exposure for me."

"I'm required to attend that too." Tony said.

"Same here. Well at least I knew I wouldn't be lonely there." Tin added.

"I'll be there too." Jane replied.

I looked into Brad and he just shrugged. "Unfortunately yes... And I'm not allowed to bring a date. Said it's a family event only."

"So I guess we'll be seeing each other then." Natalie mentioned it to me. As a rebel, I rarely attend this kind of event but Natalie practically begged me and she never ever begged. I'm sure Em and Maddy should be okay for a couple of hours in the unit alone.

"Will you be able to play at the championship?" Jane inquired.

"I'm not sure... It depends on my healing."

"Okay,.. Take it easy... We already managed to reach the finals. I'm sure it was already a great achievement for the school." Jane assured me.

"Yeah..." I nodded. "So... Have you done your shopping?" She shook her head no.

"Tin and I are scheduled to go to the mall this weekend. And I'll get your dress don't worry."

"What dress? Nick's going to wear a dress? Oh ehm geeh! Is it the end of the world?" Brad exaggerated.

"It's for Emilia. I wanted so surprise her."

"Okay... How are you two by the way?"

"We are good. Getting there." I lied. I knew they were my friends but I think it's best if we kept our relationship hidden for a while.

"We're really happy for you Nick. It's time she makes an honest person out of you."

"Thanks guys!"

John's POV

"Em, I heard about yesterday. Are you okay?"

"What version of the story did you have?" She asked.

"That delinquent friend of yours had gotten into fight and you were caught in the middle." I replied.

"Nick's not a delinquent. She's a good person. And yes, I'm okay. Thank you for asking." Was her cold response. I can't help but think that there's more to it than it was told.

"Okay... I'm sorry."

"It's okay John, again, thank you for your concern and I'm sorry that you team loss."

My team loss by one penalty point. If my stupid team mate didn't trip our opponent at the penalty box then we could have gotten a tie and might have a chance in overtime.

"Emilia... I have been meaning to ask you this but will you go to the ball with me?" There, I finally managed to asked her. I have been asking her for the past three years but she refuses to go.

"I'm not going John and you know why."

"Then let me take care of it."

"Please don't John. And Please stop courting me already... we can't be together."

"Why? What's wrong with me?"

"It's not you John. It's me. Please understand and let me go."

Her words struck my heart. I felt a lot of pain. It's not my pride anymore but it was something deeper. "Okay Emilia... as long as you're happy but always remember that I'm here for you."

"Thank you John."

They said that if your really love someone, you better set them free.

Well... They were wrong.

One way or another, Emilia's going to be mine.