Chapter 15- A dress to do more than fit

Author's note: Hey guys! So, this is last time of a character attending short scenes. I really wasn't gonna add more characters and their aesthetics but I had to let this beautiful angel in! And maybe...I could do a sequel with her in it. Just maybe. Don't get too excited.

Danielle McDonald as Starlet Foel

  B A I L E Y

B A I L E Y

This generation, is what other teenagers call it; a night to remember. Where all color of lights hung above the ceiling, rounding altogether and shining the dance floor at the gym. Where hundreds of boys and girls swirl together and living like there's no tomorrow, where girls huddle over high fashion dress shops and spent all their daddy's money or piggy bank to buy a dress that would be only worn for one night only. Where kids finally turn into a young adult and leave their nest. By spending the night, dancing. And possibly, hooking up with guys and girls.

But for me, it's a night of beginning again. From the incidents of junior dance to being titled as, "The overweight teen girl who was taken by Rafael as a date" I should have been broken or spend this day, binge watching every teen rom coms where fat girls get asked by a hot guy, looking for a chance that I wasn't feeling the worse. There are others like me. But-

Something inside me told me that it was my time. I know how much wrong that something could get, especially at this moment but I chose to take risk. If I won't then how could I ever leave my nest and go on?

While there was so many obstacles, finding a perfect dress to a date, I still couldn't choose not to go.

Was it River? No. Was it confronting him? Yes.

The biggest conundrum was that I have no idea what I'm supposed to say to him. But, I knew that at somewhere along the way, There's a piece of myself in him. A piece of not knowing that you're good enough.

As a friend, even though I'm not supposed to be but still, as a friend, I should help him.

"Hey," A voice came along which I already knew who it was, "Can I come in?"
"Sure, mom."