Chapter 14- A Girl Like Bailey

Start from the beginning

"Listen, try to understand him. At least he didn't cheat on you, right? Maybe he had very good reasons and maybe he just wanted to be perfect for you." Tessa said and here I was, finally opening up, "Everyone is not perfect, Bailey."

I could feel Tessa's judgy pale brown eyes at me as she said the last sentence. Judgy yet understanding. Maybe, just maybe River had a very good reason to fake his death, to lie and to live a life of someone who doesn't give a damn about the world. Maybe he didn't know that despite how much cologne, how much leather jackets he wore, deep down, he was just himself and maybe, he knew that. But, in Tessa's words, maybe he thought I wouldn't like the way he was.

He thought.

Before I could think anything else, I heard the bedroom door knocked and from the over given smell of lily perfume, I knew who it was.

"Olive?"
"Hey sis...."

...♡...

We sat together at my bed and it didn't take time for me to notice that there were dark lines under her eyes. She tried so hard to keep it hidden under the pink glittery eyeshadows but still, there was too much. Olive always had cheer practices at her school called Callum High school. Those practices were too much that made Olive turn into a bony kind of girl. She became so much thin and on top of it all, she couldn't sleep eight hours at night like a normal fifteen years old supposed to do.

So, we forced her to leave the cheerleading team and guess what, mum didn't want her to. Said she'll become like me if she stop moving her body as in like she's out of any choices and take me as an example. "This is what happens when you're not being athletic."

But dad argued his way and at the end, Olive had to leave the cheerleading team and became the cheery girl she truly was. But now, she looked like bony kind of girl, again.

Which means...

"Liv, you joined the team again. Didn't you?"
"I..." She stuttered, words couldn't escape from her mouth clearly. "I had to, Bail. I had to. I... I was becoming fat and I..."
"You what? Who told you that? No, you weren't becoming fat." I almost barked. "Did mom put you up to all of these again? Tell me."
"No. She didn't. When one is fat, they don't need someone to tell them. All they have to do is look in a mirror and realize that they're fat."
"Olive!" I bursted out of control and said, "Skinny or fat, short or tall, black or white, it doesn't fucking matter! Have you ever take a one moment to look yourself in an inside way? Like, how you can't be productive in creative works like doing your own project or how you're so good at shaming others?"

Olive started at me quietly, "Are you okay?"

"No! I'm not!" I growled, "I mean people take so much in hating themselves in outside way so much that they forget to realize about how they do in an inside way. They never love how much awesome or ugly they truly are inside but they always manage to get time for hating themselves. Or others."

"Um....I don't think we're on the same page."

"No, we are on the same page." I said, calming myself down and trying to ignore about Niall and the first kiss for a second, "Olive, look at you. Do you know what you truly are?"

She stared at me blankly and I tucked her blonde hair behind her ear, reminiscing all the memories I had with her from the first day she came into this world.