Chapter 14- A Girl Like Bailey

Start from the beginning

He didn't say anything.

"Look, River...or Niall, Whatever you are...we gotta stop this. Whatever thing we have for each other is over, From now on."

I didn't wait for anything, instead, I walk away without staring back.

I thought fat girls are supposed to seize the moment when they get the chance to seize. I thought fat girls doesn't have good choices but no, anyone has choices. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want to do. Your body weight doesn't apply for the choices you make.

And of course, I thought, River was my everything. And the one and only. But, guess not.

...♡...

"You did what?"
"I slapped him."

After coming back home and locking myself to my bedroom, I dialed up Tessa's number. Not sure why I did that that instead of calling my one best friend, Naomi but still. Talking about first kiss with someone who didn't sound like strange to me. And of course, Tessa was the kind of girl who got her first kiss at age fourteen and she had a lot of lip locks so, she was kinda the experienced mentor at talking about things like this. Mentor and therapist.

"Why?"
"He-" Before I words slipped out of my mouth, I stopped myself when I realized that if I say Niall was an eleventh grader and faked his death and now he's living a high school life of a typical tenth grader then there's a chance that things would be weird for him. It's his truth and I intended to keep it that way.

"He what?"
"He...did a very bad thing and he lied about it." I said, turning that matter into a believable yet almost true.
"Gosh Bailey, he's a guy. And guys always fuck up. It's the universal truth." Tessa said with a scoff, "He's perfect but his whole parts of him aren't made of perfection."

Only if Tessa knew. I wondered if she would ever say that if she knew the whole truth about him, about us.

"What are you trying to say? I made a mistake? Slapping him?"
"No, it's not a mistake. But, don't you think...he had his reasons? I mean- if he was hiding something embarrassing then I totally get him. I would hide this too from my crush, you know."
"You are not supposed to lie and hide things in front of someone you love."
"Love? Bailey, listen to yourself. You're both young and gosh, still in high school. Do you really believe that you love each other?"
"I...I don't know....but Tessa, I know, deep down, I really, really, really like him. Maybe, it is love but I don't know, okay."
"That's because you feel like time is running out and the things he did is your way to blame. Just blame cause you know, you can't blame time."

I couldn't believe I was taking a relationship advice from an eleventh grader who was older than me but still, she was young too.

Should I really trust her in these type of talking?

For moments like this, I really wanted my mom to be there for me. Guide me to the right way. At least, the way which I can walk easier and faster. More like a shortcut, guide me to a shortcut.

And I hated the fact that she was still angry with me. For doing something which is concidered a right thing. At least, I guessed so.

But no matter how much scoff I do, I know I would get the same advice from everyone like I have gotten from Tessa.

Guys always fuck up. It's not their fault. Well, it is. But hey, are we any better?