The Yule Ball

Normal POV:

You were walking to class with your friend, Hermione, when suddenly you hear some one call out your name. You stop and turn to see Malfoy standing infront of you.

"I need to talk to you," He says.

You and Draco were never friends and he always teased you growing up. So you were a bit confused why he wanted to talk to you. You turned to Hermione and said, "You go to class, I'll catch up." With that, she left and you turned to look up at Malfoy again.

"What do you want, Malfoy?" You ask.
"It's your lucky day, (L/N). You're going to be my date to the Yule Ball," he said.

There was no way you were going to go to the Yule Ball with him. "Ever heard of asking?" You said, "Why would I go to the Yule Ball with some one like you?"
He cocked up an eye brow and said, "What is that supposed to mean? Why wouldn't you?"

"Well, let's see... First year, you were spying on Harry, Ron and Hermione and got all of you in detention, then snitched about the Dragon egg. Harry could have died that night in the forest because of you," you said, "Second year, you called my friend, Hermione, a MudBlood and last year you almost got Buck Beak executed because you weren't paying attention in class." Draco looked surprised and just stared at you. You continued, "So unless you have a good reason as to why I should go to the Yule Ball with you, I suggest you find another date. Try Parkinson, she would gladly agree to go with you," you said, "Now, if you'll excuse me, I need to get to class."

And you went to class leaving a stunned Malfoy behind.

~Time Skip~

It was a free period and you were walking back from class with your friend, Anna. "Aren't those guys from Durmstrang cute?" Anna asked. "Yeah, I guess so," you replied. All the girls were so excited and giggly because of the up coming Yule Ball. Everybody wanted a date to attend with. Anna included. You two were wandering around looking at every one around you when suddenly, Anna says, "Oooh, heads-up, (Y/N)." You look to where Anna was looking and see a charming Durmstrang boy coming towards you.

He reaches you and says, "Excuse me, can I borrow you for a minute?" He's obviously looking at you so you say, "Oh, um... Sure." "Well, (Y/N), I need to go do some stuff so I'll see you later," Anna says and winks at you before leaving. "I hope I wasn't interrupting anything?" The boy says. "Oh, no. Not at all," you say.

"My name is Derik. And you are?" He says.
"(Y/N)," you reply.
"Pleasure," he says and kisses the back of your hand. You blush lightly at how charming he is.
"(Y/N), I was hoping you would like to go to the Yule Ball with me?" He asks.
"The Yule Ball? With you? Um... Yes! I mean... Yeah, I would love to," you say.
He grins and says, "Excellent. I'll see you there, (Y/N)."
"Yeah... You too," you say, regretting it after. He winks at you then leaves. You try to process what just happened and then run off to find Anna to tell her the wonderful news that you have a date to the Yule Ball. Little did you know, a certain blonde haired Slytherin had seen everything.

Draco's POV:

I watched as the Durmstrang boy approached (Y/N). The way he kissed her hand made my blood boil. I notice (Y/N) blushing when he did that. How dare he?! I'm supposed to be the one to make her blush! What?! He asked her to the Yule Ball??? And she excepted!! Uugghh this could not get any worse. What the- did he just wink at her?!?! That little piece of shit. Who does he think he is? Now how am I supposed to get her to come to the Yule Ball with me?

As I was silently burning a hole in the back of the idiots head, Blaise comes over and says, "Hey, man. Wow, you look like you could spit fire. What happened?"

"That Durmstrang guy just asked (Y/N) to the Yule Ball and she said yes," I said still shooting daggers at the dumbo. "Isn't that the girl you like?" Blaise asks. I sigh and say, "Yes, it's the girl I like." "Oh... Bummer, man," he says, "What are you going to do now?" "I don't know, Blaise," I say. Suddenly, as if a light bulb appeared, I had an idea. I tell Blaise the plan and just hope it works.

I'll go to the Yule Ball and steal a dance from her. Then, at the very end, I'll tell her how much she means to me. Then I'll have her all to myself and nobody is going to take her from me. It was genious. I just hope it works out the way I want it to.