GONE, GONE/THANK YOU

GONE, GONE

Tyler sighed.

"Please come! I wanna show you some photos I've taken," Wyatt asked through the phone.

"I guess I could cancel a meeting—,"

"You won't be disappointed. I'll see you later then."

"I better not be. Bye," Tyler hung up.

Wyatt had invited T to his first photography show. It wasn't a solo show, but he was going to be sharing a space with other artists. As always, Tyler said he'd come. He wasn't annoyed, he actually liked when Wyatt begged him to be somewhere.

...

Tyler brought Jasper and Taco with him just so he wouldn't feel so alone. He knew Morgan would be all over Wyatt.

They walked in, a big space with a bunch of art on the walls and photos plastered everywhere.

"He's over there," Jasper pointed to a corner.

"Oh shit, look at that thing over there!" Taco and Jasper dispersed as they made their way around the studio.

Tyler walked up to Wyatt. Morgan was nowhere to be seen.

"This is tight," Tyler smiled as he watched him put up the last picture.

"You're really early?" Wyatt grinned.

"Am I?" Tyler looked down at his non-existent watch.

"I'm glad you could make it. Look," Wyatt started showing him the pictures he'd taken of friends and monuments; buildings and cars that interested him.

Tyler could listen to him talk about his love for photography all day. He watched his lips as he explained the pictures.

"Tyler?"

T snapped out of it.

"Which one's your favorite?" Wyatt asked again.

Tyler cleared his throat, taking a few steps back as he reviewed each one; arms crossed. He pointed to the one with a bunch of skateboarders in mid-air.

"That one has perfect timing."

"I know! It took like two rolls trying to get the right one," Wyatt smiled.

Tyler saw Morgan coming through the door, and he quickly excused himself.

"I'm gonna go look around," Tyler replied, Wyatt nodding as Morgan shouted his name.

Tyler walked up the stairs to the second floor of the building, and you were able to see the entirety of the first floor.

He watched Morgan jump into Wyatt's arms as she kissed him. Tyler could tell Wyatt was eager to talk about his work, but Morgan didn't look too interested. She was more concerned with kissing him.

Tyler rolled his eyes as he watched.

"She wasn't even here on time. I even came earlier. The fuck?" Tyler thought to himself.

He didn't feel much, just repressed feelings he couldn't do anything about.
T watched Wyatt wrap his arms around her; Tyler being glad that at least he had it instead of never.

He sighed, clearing his thoughts before he fell into a spiral again. T walked down the stairs, his hands in his pockets.

"Why do you look so sad? you're supposed to be happy for me," Wyatt walked over, being sarcastic.

"You know why."

"I thought we made it clear–,"

Tyler stopped him.

"Look, I'm happy that you're happy. You know, I just hope she got good taste."

Wyatt licked his lips. He knew that she could never compete with Tyler in that way. They both knew it. T and Wyatt had always been compatible.

"I'm leaving," Morgan wrapped her arms around Wyatt from behind, coming around as she made a sad face.

"I thought you said you were free?"

"I was...But Emily needs me. Her and Brad fought again. She needs me," She whined, giving him a kiss again.

Tyler bit his cheek, knowing he knew Wyatt's secrets. T wasn't bitter or nothing, he understood that Wyatt couldn't come to terms with being in a gay relationship. Maybe that was it. He pondered it.

Morgan left as Wyatt questioned him out of nowhere. It took T by surprise.

"Did you always know?"

Tyler knew exactly what he was alluding to.

"Kinda."

"But why me?"

"I don't know. You opened up early on, I thought we were on the same page."

Wyatt stayed silent.

"...But I guess I was wrong."

Tyler was content with just being able to know the vulnerable side of Wyatt that no one else knew about. Not even Morgan. It was their secret and only theirs. It felt special.

...

THANK YOU

As Tyler got into his car, his phone rang. He realized he had two missed calls from Frank.

"How'd it go? Did you tell him?"

"Nigga what?" Tyler laughed.

"That he's a piece of shit for leaving you for her?"

Tyler knew what Frank was talking about.

"I told him she couldn't compete with me. I think he knows that too."

"Fuck. That's good." Frank chuckled.

"How the fuck do you do one night stands all the time? I'd fall in love with them probably. I'm too emotional. Too sensitive. I'm too fucking loyal. It's fucked up," Tyler looked through the tinted car window.

"That's good though. It's just how you're wired. I'm just disinterested...you know that. I suck at relationships. I hate exclusivity."

"I know. I wish I had that. I just know that I never wanna fall in love ever again. Fuck that."

Frank let out a faint chuckle through the phone.