The whole (short) story

Start from the beginning

  Months passed since, and Jackle had spent them being his cat. Not all the time, just whenever Brick was around. He had this aura that made anyone near him comfortable, warm, which was completely contrasted to hell's damp and crowded feel. It was different to say the least. Demons aren't supposed to like things, that was their thing. But Jackle could help but..enjoy staying on Earth. He enjoyed Earths sky, it's vivid blues and yellows at sunset. Appreciating how Brick would give him his full attention, as cats need. Relished in the feeling of smelling the potent sting of Brick's morning coffee. And he didn't like it. He didn't like how he enjoyed so many things he was told not to like. It wasn't important to what he was supposed to be doing, but it was fun. This didn't mean he'd start being nice to Brick, of course not. He's a demon and that's exactly what demons don't do. But he really didn't care for what hell thought for anymore. It wasn't an exact click in his brain, but Jackle considered it, he thought it was about time.

  Brick had just come home from work. He always had the enthusiasm of someone who drank coffee mixed with 5hour energy, which was very coincidentally what Brick did. When he arrived, he would always call out to his darling felines in the sweetest voice a cat lover could do. This time, Jackle didn't strut up to him as he would usually. Brick noticed, he took to notice a lot of things. Like how he knew this girl at work liked Michael. He dropped of his work bag on the coffee table, only to find babe under it, almost as he was hiding from him.
"Come up from under there you rascal, are y'scared of me now hm?" To his surprise, he didn't come out, it was strange as he'd always come to greet him. He knew he wasn't a shy cat, he'd knock over things, but still would be quite more annoying than most cats. But he didn't mind.
"Aw c'mon, you actin shy on me? I won't bite," Brick tried again with a little more resilience. It took quite some time for babe to come out from under the table, and even when he did, it was with a bit of hesitation. Brick sat back on the couch and put on his favourite midday show, expecting babe to get on the couch with him. Instead, it jumped onto the table, looking like it was preparing something. Strange, but he dismissed it.
"You wanna watch a show with da—"
And before he could finish what he was saying, 'babe' had started contorting and bending, it looked straight from a horror movie, it was starting to look more..human?
It was a series of sounds, crunches of what he assumed was bone and the leather sound of skin moving, pretty gross to say the least, and he had his eyes closed for the most part. When he opened them, there was this man standing on his coffee table, stretching.
"Ah," he sighed. "It's good to be back to normal," saying while cracking his back.
They had choppy black hair that had green patches around the roots and tips. He donned on a green shirt accented underneath a purple vest, which he wore a darker purple tux over. Yet the most eye catching part of his appearance was the mouths. He had two mouths on either side of his face which curled up to his ears, as big sharp yellow teeth protruded through the gapes. They looked so sharp that it would slice through flesh like a warm knife to butter.
"You're quite the bugger y'know that?" Jackle said with a tone of annoyance.
"Hope you weren't to attached to babe, cause unfortunately he wasn't, y'know," he gestured, "real."
He was floating all around his living room, but decided to mostly pester around Brick.
"You're so lucky you're not a Christian, or this'd be awkward," said Jackle.
"W-who are you? What are you doing in my house? What did you do to my cat?" Brick was distraught, you could never be prepared for something that has never been experienced before.
All Jackle's reply was a chuckle. "Now, mind doing a favour for me hm? Can you please clean up around here? It was quite annoying as a cat and will be while living with you," Jackle joked, kind of.
Brick was backing against the couch, hands clenched the cushions so hard his knuckles has turned white. He didn't dare to move closer to it.
"No! Get out of my apartment you ghost man!"
"Demon but close enough."
"I don't care! Now go away! please," he didn't know why he said please, he just figured it was worth a try.
"Hm, pushy. But just for you, I'll leave you alone for a bit." Jackle said in a low voice, mearly a few inches away from his face.
"But just remember," he said whispering, "I'm always watching dear." 

And like that, he was gone.

  Brick was scared half to death in that moment, but later on, his mind started to differ.
He didn't sleep for the first two days, knowing that he could be watching him any second. Relying on whatever energy drinks he could buy to keep him awake. He would hear random whispers at night or even in public, like an inner voice was talking to him, and his friends wouldn't believe him when he said there was a demon following him. He had thoughts before, but now they were louder, screaming even. It was unbearable.
Until around the end of the month, where he was slaying up late doing school work, when he heard a loud shatter in the kitchen. Obviously shaken, but curiosity got the better of him and he had to see what he'd have to replace with his hard earned minimum wage money. He found the demon man, on the ground face first. They had slipped on some spilled water that Brick had forgotten to clean, and knocked over a dirty plate he had left out. The man had bounced up immediately from falling and straightened himself out, dusting off the plate crumbs that lingered on his suit.
"Just," The man spoke, averting eye contact as fast as he could. "Pretend you didn't see that, alright," he said with a red face, floating as fast as he could away.
Jackle had been practicing to walk normally again, and he couldn't miracle Brick to forget that, he had already used his full month miracle subscription. That was the day Brick started to stop taking him seriously.

  It has been now a year since Jackle had been assigned to persuade this human, and both of them promptly stopped caring about whatever they where supposed to be doing. Brick had stopped caring that he was in fact, a scary demon with probable demon powers, while Jackle forgot his whole job entirely.
Still, no one believes that Brick was telling the truth, but Brick knew that it was real, still is, and he was pretty sure his cat knew too. Jackle stopped being scary to Brick, he was just hugely frustrating to him now, he was like his cat version; pestering, bugging him every day, but now this time he could talk. Though, it had been quite an eventful year, and still they were finding out new things about each other. It was truly very domestic, and he didn't mind his new life, much was stranger than before.