slate eyes

(The ceremony)

"Lets begin!" hollered a blond man that was clad in a survey corps uniform. "If you wish to join the scouting legion and help humanity battle against the titans outside the walls, you are more then welcome to stay but there is no guarantee you will survive. If not, you may withdraw from this function and join the other bridges. That is all"

Numerous cadets departured right after his daunting speech that struck fear into their minds which caused them to leave. Everyone left, everyone besides a petite girl with orange locks, 3 guys, one who appeared older than he really was, another with blond hair wrapped up in a bun and one with light tan skin and brown hair that was combed back into one spike.

"Im impress to see how much guts you soldiers have. Im deeply honored to accept you into the scouting regiment" he spoke in a voice of gratification as he swung up his fist up to his chest. It was his salute

All 4 the them imitated the same gesture, raising their fist up to their hearts and left afterwards to their dorms, so they could pack up and move into the new building they were going to live in from now on.

"I can't believe we actually joined the scout regiment!" said the orange headed girl in a peppy voice, yet you could see the shock in her golden colored eyes

"Don't worry Petra I'll protect you no matter what" said the older looking gentleman as he wrapped his arm around his girlfriend, trying to get her close

"You don't exactly have to protect me Auruo I can take care of myself you know" Petra proclaimed as she backed away from him.

"Meet me outside when, you're done packing" Auruo told

They both arrived to the building where their dormitories were located. Petra took off to the right to go to the girls dorm and Auruo took a left to the guys dorm. Petra was finishing up to pack her bag, she didn't have a lot of items to take but she had just enough to keep her organized. As she sealed the door right behind her a sudden deep voice startled her, causing the bag she held in hand to drop onto the floor and her clothes scattered all over the place.

"No, no, no" she repeated to herself, attempting to collect her clothes all at once.

Levi's P.O.V

After the useless ceremony and speech Erwin gave. I knew nobody would even bother to stay and join the survey corps, only twits would. As I was about to vanish from the stage, I heard Erwin speak once again, praising the soldiers who stayed put, saying that they had lots of guts. In my mind i thought "who could have possibly wish to stay in this lousy regiment."

I peaked out to see the unfortunate brats, only 4 had stood their ground, saluting Erwin. There was a geezer, a blonde, a brunette, but there was one who stood out from the rest, I haven't seen anyone with orange hair before, especially a girl. There was something about her that intrigued me, but I didn't let it bother me, even though she was quite appealing. I decided to pay a visit to my new comrades and figured out why the hell they joined. First, it was the blond and the brunette, their names were Erd and Gunter then the geezer, Auruo, he bit his tongue as he spoke to me, trying to act superior "what an idiot". They all seemed intimidated when I approached them and looked like they were about to piss in their pants when I gave them my unnerving stare. Next up was the carrot top girl, I made my way to the girls dorm only to see her short orange tresses right at the door, closing it.

"Why did you join?" I inquired as I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed

I assumed this startle her since she let her bag plummet to the filthy floor and her clothes fell out of it.

End of Levi's P.O.V

"Damn it" Petra cursed to herself when she noticed that one of her white button up shirt had a dirt mark on it and tried to smack it right off

"Why did you do that!" she raised her voice at him, still her eyes were focused on her garbs

"Why did you join?" he asked once more

"Does it really mat-" she stopped.

Petra's P.O.V

"Does it really mat-" I stopped when I looked up at him. His slate eyes looked directly at mine, his hair was perfectly split down the middle and the way he leaned against the wall with his mesmerizing stare, looked really attractive.

"No!" I thought to myself. Why am I thinking like this, I already had a boyfriend, Auruo

"Are you going to tell me?" he said

"I-I wanted to help humanity fight against the titans and to no longer be kept inside these consuming walls, sir" I looked down to the floor and held my bag close to my chest

"Hm, not bad" he responded "I'm corporal Levi"

"Petra ral" I introduced myself

End of Petra's P.O.V

"Don't worry, I can get this dirt mark off your shirt, even if it's the last thing I do" levi said as he examined the dirty shirt in his hands

"That would be nice" she replied, then noticed another one of she tops on the ground.

Petra went down to reach for it but when she did, she felt another hand touch of her own. The petite girls eyes travel up the arm and sighted Levi's face and locked on to his navy blue orbs.

Petra could feel the blush spread across her face like a wildfire when she felt Levi's hand grasp hers

"Uh...hehe" she smiled sweetly at him "I was going to get that"

"Sorry, I didn't know" levi apologized as he rapidly removed his hand from hers

"Well, thank you anyways corporal Levi it was a pleasure to meet you but I have somebody waiting for me outside" the orange headed girl got up and sped walked through the hallway and took one more glance at Levi and left.

"It was a pleasure to meet you too, Petra Ral" he whispered to himself