Baby Bump

My head was spinning in all directions. It felt as if nothing was real or that nothing existed. I locked myself in my room and laid on my bed, pondering about how to tell Levi about my pregnancy. God this made my anxiety grow far beyond control. Levi's a good man, a strong one especially, but what would he say? What would he do--?

*knock-knock*

My mind snapped into reality.

"Who is it?" I lightly asked the person on the other side of the door.

"Petra, it's me." I heard Hanji's voice vibrate across my room. "Can I come in?"

"Yes, of course." I gave her permission to walk over the threshold.

"Hey Pet, are you doing alright?" the brunette closed the wood barrier behind her and secured it.

"Yeah I'm fine, why do you ask?" I attempted not to reveal my emotion through my voice.

"Well, the fact that you have to tell humanities strongest solider that you're having his child seems like a heavy weight on your shoulders." Hanji spoke, and she was correct.

I never thought I'd have children, specifically in a time like this where there's man-eating giants known as titans, poverty, and multiple casualties....But here I am, holding a precious soul in my stomach, and I swear to protect it until my last breath.

"I'll tell Levi, tonight!" I announced, clutching my fist below my chin then looked up at the female in front of me.

"That's the spirit Petra. How do you plan on telling him exactly?" glasses questioned, making me have second thoughts.

"I have no idea..." I smashed my face into my pillow, hoping for my agitation to ease down.

I felt Hanji's hand smoothly rub across my back, moving it in a circular motion in order to calm my messy self.

"Petra, I haven't known you for too long but I've seen you far enough to know that you have more courage that any other woman here in this regiment. Now seeing you like this is like seeing a stranger; fearful. You're bigger than that, I know it. And don't worry about Levi's response, if he isn't up for the job of taking full responsibility of his child, then I will, and I'll most certainly kick Levi's ass even though I'll probably fail horribly. But just know, I'm here for you."

I was nearly brought to light tears. Hanji's speech made me realize that I am powerful and in control. Well yes I was still concerned of my baby dad's reaction to his upcoming fatherhood. Of course I want my little boy or girl to grow up with a father figure by their side, but who knows, it just might have two mothers. I wiped my eyes with my fingers and gave Hanji a huge hug.

"Thank you." I tightened my arms around her neck.

"Ok, That's nice but save it for later tonight with Levi" she said with a reassuring smile then walked out of the room.

Once again I laid on my mattress and gazed up at the wooden ceiling. In my mind I thought of countless ways and exact words to confess to Levi about my 'bun in the oven'.

" 'Levi...I'm pregnant"

" 'Guess what Levi, you're going to be a dad' "

" 'Check out my belly!' "

I spoke to myself in order to get my words right, but obviously I was struggling to the point where I just laughed at me.

"What to say, what to say...? Hmm" I hummed while tapping my lip repeatedly.

As time passed on the sun soon began to seek shelter behind the pine trees of the Corps' grounds, and I knew it wouldn't be long till I told Levi the solid truth. My skin shivered lightly and my nerves tensed as I looked at myself in the mirror, then I slowly tugged my shirt up. In all honesty, I was terrified to even peak. This is my first time being with child, so basically I'll be experiencing all the things women go through when they have conceived. I know morning sickness had already gotten to me, and now little by little I can see my breast are beginning to swell as well as the weight gain. What's next? Back aches?

Finally, when my upper garment was below my chest, I was reveal my slightly protruding stomach.

And in that moment my worries disappeared faster than the speed of light. I had an innocent human being inside me, another beating heart. God had given me this beautiful gift of life to hold. It was like I was struck by lightening. I smoothly rubbed my abdomen all over, tendering it with both hands and closely feeling every sensation, both physically & mentally. The bond I had right there between me and my baby really hit me hard. I thought about the sex of our child, would it be a boy or girl? Would it look like me or Levi? Whose attitude would he/she have?

I wasn't too concerned about those questions, Im fine just as long as the baby is healthy and growing. I quickly put down my shirt and walked towards my wardrobe. I delicately yanked out a light brown coat from my rack of clothes and buttoned up each button one at a time, then slipped into some fur boots and wrapped a scarf around my neck. After I was done dressing, I made sure to hide my baby muffin top, I wouldn't want to ruin the surprise. I brushed my silky, orange locks before trudging out the door. Once I left my room, I directly steered my way to Levi's until I stood in front of his door. There, my courage plummeted. My fist felt heavily weak and breath, the same. I kept telling myself "It's going be ok, it's going to be ok...". Finally, I summed up all the strength and....accidentally knocked on Levi's chest.

"I guess we both couldn't stay away." his serious yet mellow tone tickled my heart as I trapped myself in his piercing, navy blue orbs. A furious blush over came me.

"Levi I-I can explai--" this daring man devoured my words with a blissful kiss across my lips.

His hands lingered my low back as he carefully placed soft smooches along my jawline, and it didn't take him long until he disentangled my forest green scarf.

Levi's POV

After that unnecessary piece of fabric fell to the floor, I swiftly dived into her sweet neck. The warmth of her skin against my lips felt so relieving. She hushly moan as I began to gradually lick up and down her throat. I knew I was getting a huge kick out of her by the way she squeezed my shoulders, then I stopped.

"What's with the coat love?" I curiously asked, straightening my look.

___________________

Goodness! I seriously suck for not updating in a eternity! Time has been slipping through my fingers through these months but I will try to keep updating as much as possible. The next chapter will be full of much emotion and unexpected events.

STORY QUESTION: What do you think the gender of the baby will be? Boy or Girl?