𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕘𝕚𝕣𝕝 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕥𝕠𝕨𝕖𝕣 - 𝕞𝕒𝕝𝕖 𝕓𝕪𝕝𝕖𝕥𝕙 𝕩 𝕣𝕖𝕒𝕕𝕖𝕣

alt. title: the girl in the tower — male byleth x reader

Requested x reader

•••

  It had been a few weeks since Byleth had arrived at Garreg Mach Monastery. It brought him joy to think that the class he chose to teach, the Blue Lions, were warming up to the stoic male faster than he had thought. Every single day, he'd pass by the Officer's Academy doing something with his students, whether it be delivering papers, teaching weapon techniques, or just spending time with them.

  But no matter what, everyday Byleth noticed something peculiar near the Knight's Quarters. It was a rather tall tower, around 3 quarters of the height of the cathedral. It always had caught the professor's eye, with the windows always covered with curtains, and today he decided to approach Rhea, or maybe anybody, about it.

  "Cyril, was it?" He called out to the shorter boy near him. Cyril was sweeping the floor of the Reception Hall, and his head perked up once he heard somebody call his name. Cyril lowered the broomstick and made eye contact with the professor.

  "Oh, hello! You're that new professor I saw near the greenhouse a few weeks back." Cyril pointed out. Byleth nodded. "Okay, just making sure. Is there anything you need help with?"

Byleth nodded yet again, causing Cyril to face directly at him. "Do you perhaps know about the tower near the Knight's Quarters? I've been curious about it for a while now."

"Oh, that tower." Cyril sighed. He fixed his shirt, and put a hand on his hip. "It's quite a long story that Lady Rhea told me. I don't have time to explain, but I'm sure Lady Rhea will tell you if you just ask politely. One things for sure, the girl that lives there had a rough life."

This piqued Byleth's curiosity even more. Rhea has associations with the girl in the tower, given that there even is a girl anymore? Well, of course, why would she be here if Rhea didn't know them. But to know a whole story about why she's up there... Was she up to no good? Was this a punishment for a crime, perhaps?

  They bid each other farewell, and Byleth climbed the stairs to the second floor. Once he entered the Archbishop's chamber, Rhea almost instantly took notice of him. She welcomed him with a warm, genuine smile as he approached.

  "Welcome, professor." Rhea greeted. Byleth kept walking as she continued on, "I hope you're growing accustomed to the monastery."

  "Let's put it that way." Byleth responded. "May I ask you a question, Lady Rhea?"

"Of course, professor. Ask me anything."

"Cyril told me there's a girl that's living in that tower near the Knight's Quarters." Byleth said. "If it isn't too much of a bother, can you perhaps tell me why she's up there?"

Rhea turned away, looking up at the stained glass art behind her seat. "Ah, you must be talking about Y/N.

"She was born in the Empire, under a locksmith's name. Y/N always tested her father's locks for him, and she didn't seem to mind, as she was an excellent lockpicker. However, one day something or... someone was able to break into their home and took everything; Including her father. During this time Hanneman was visiting the Empire and managed to take her in under his care after her father's funeral. Y/N's never been the same ever since.

  "Y/N isolated herself and became somewhat like her father, and even her mother. She'd stay inside her room, making new things, reading books, waving a dagger around or even just singing melodies she heard Manuela sing when she visited instead of Hanneman. To keep herself from going insane, she'd go on walks to grab whatever she needed from the library, food from the kitchen, very early in the morning. She's a pleasant one, she just doesn't like showing her face anymore.