“No not like she was unconscious more like a blanket had been thrown over her and it interferes with tracking.”

“What about when you tracked Gemma, was it the same?”

“Why would I bother tracking her!”

I shake my head at him, this was his entire problem. Gemma was right when she told Kylah that Lucifer only bothered with her as a ruse to get her to return to hell. He didn’t care what happened to Gemma, everything was about Kylah. I sighed “Because Gemma is most likely with Kylah, so if you can track Gemma then you will be able to track Kylah.”

Lucifer curst “I’m such a fool,” He looks at me “I have to go back.”

“I will come with you.” I say standing.

We arrived back at the park which I was starting to get sick of seeing, Lucifer stood in the spot where I had last seen Kylah, I watched as he stood perfectly still, his eyes clouded over as he began tracking Gemma. It was always eerie watching someone do a tracking.  I knew from experience that when a person is doing the tracking that lots of time seems to go by. When really only a minute or two really does. The earth under my feet started to shake, and I knew what ever Lucifer had just found out wasn’t good.

“That little bitch.” He spat when he came too.

“What did you see?’ I asked him. Lucifer glared at me, and stalked off. Knowing there was a good chance I was putting my life on the line I followed “What did you see Lucifer.”

“That brat of a kid of mine set her up.”

Confused I asked “Set who up, you’re not making sense.”

He spun around and face me “Gemma set Kylah up so the angel would find her, they have her!” He screamed and the ground shook more. Fear engulfed me as I knew what the angels having Kylah meant.

“You can track Gemma though, so we can find Kylah through her.”

“The angels didn’t take Gemma.” He said storming off in the direction of the street, “That’s why I could track her.

“If they didn’t take her, where is she?”

“Hiding.”

I followed him out of the park and onto the street, he crossed the now deserted road and walked into an ally beside two buildings. It stunk from overflowing dumpsters and I held in the vomit that wanted so desperately to escape. I wasn’t sure if it was from the smell or the fear that Kylah’s life was on the line.

“The angles have held her before and she had escaped, there is no reason she can’t do it again.” I said sounding more confident then I was feeling.

“Then why hasn’t she escaped them? They only had her for a short time when they had her before.”

I didn’t know why, I didn’t know anything. How were they going to get her back, if she was still alive that is. I refused to believe that she was already dead. When the angels had captured Lucifer they had kept him alive, I could only pray that they did the same with her. How were they going to find her if Lucifer couldn’t track her. Lucifer stopped beside one of the dumpsters, he knelt down and picked what I quickly realized was Gemma up by her hair “What have you done?” He roared at her.

“I’m sorry, I’m so sorry. I didn’t understand. I changed my mind but they wouldn’t let her go.”

“You fool you really think an angel would listen to you, they don’t care about you. No one does.” He said making her flinch. Lucifer hurled Gemma across the ally towards me. She landed at my feet. I felt no sympathy for her as she laid there on the ground crying, she had handed her own sister over to the angels. She deserved whatever Lucifer had planned for her.

“Take her back to hell.” Lucifer said “This time lock her in a cell so she can’t escape. No contact with any demons, except you and I.”

“What are you going to do?” I asked him.

He looked at me, his eyes shining blood red with rage “I’m going to find my daughter.”

“What do you want me to do once I have locked Gemma up?’ I asked but he had already vanished into thin air. I looked down at Gemma who was now whimpering on the ground. Disgusted I placed a single finger on her head and teleported us back to hell.

 I locked her up into one of hells cells, I walked over to one of the guards “Lucifer has instructed that no one is to have any contact with her, except for him and myself. Don’t fail him on this or it will be your life.” The guards eyes widened, he nodded his head in understanding.  I stormed out of the room and made my way towards the infirmary where Devon should still be. Maybe he had some idea on how we could find her.

When I walked into the infirmary I was a little surprised to see that Devon was sitting up in the bed “That worked fast,” I said  

Devon frowned at me “I didn’t expect a visit from you. Where is Kylah?”

“Her sister set a trap and the angels now have her. We need to find her. They have done something to block Lucifer from tracking her so we have to figure out where they are holding her.”

“How they hell did you let that happen!” He screamed at me.

“Watch it.” I warned “I am holding on to my rage by a very thin threat, you do not want to push me right now. All I care about is finding Kylah alive and safe. Either you help me, or I will use you as a way to vent my anger.”

“Of course I will help you, I love her too you know.”

This did not sooth my anger at all, of course I already knew the fool loved her. But like me he fucked up royally when he didn’t tell her the truth for why he was in her life. Suppressing my rage I managed to form coherent words “Where would they take her.”

“How would I know, I’m no angel. It would be somewhere, where we wouldn’t be able to go though. They wouldn’t want to chance us finding her before they were through with her.

I cursed knowing exactly the place they had taken her, I looked at Devan “They’ve taken her to heaven.” Being part angel and part demon meant Kylah could go to either Hell or earth realm. When no one else could. If I was right and that was where they had taken her, no one, not even Lucifer himself would be able to rescue her. Kylah was going to have to find a way to escape on her own. I didn’t know if Lucifer had already figured out where they would have taken her but I needed to make sure he had. Knowing I wouldn’t be able to track him since he wasn’t blood related, I left Devan in the infirmary and headed for Lucifer’s room. When he returned that would be the first place he would go. I only hoped that he returned soon and I won’t be stuck waiting there for too long.