Chapter Seven

I had fun writing this chapter. I hope you ejoy reading it as much as I did writing it. :)

Chapter Seven

I didn’t know what to expect when I walked into the room where I was going to be having dinner with my father. Maybe a table, couple of chairs and a plate of food already served on the table. But no, that wasn’t the case here. Walking into a ball size room that was packed with round dinner tables spread out across the room. Each table had about six seats to them and every one of them was taken. I scanned the room hoping to find a chair that was available but there didn’t seem to be any.

“You sseat issss up the front with your father Manar.” Viper said from behind me.

I scanned the room again not really sure where she meant up the front was. When I noticed a long rectangular table at the other end of the room. Sitting front and center was my father, beside him to the left my half-sister, and Gabe sitting beside her. “Great.” I muttered as I started making my way to the front of the room.

“Oh daughter of mine you’re here at last!” Lucifer said standing from his seat.

“So it would seem.” I muttered as I approached him.

“Well better late than never I suppose.” He said turning away from me and glaring at Viper.

“It’s not her fault I’m late.” I said sighing. “You wanted my hair back to its normal color that takes time. If you wanted me to be all dressed up for dinner then you should have given me some notice.” I said taking the other seat beside him.

“Well someone is in a bad mood.” He said raising an eyebrow at me. I didn’t bother replying instead I rolled my eyes at him before looking out at all the demons sitting at the tables in front of me. Trying my best to avoid looking beside my father, not wanting to see my sister with her hands all over Gabe. Not that I should care. I didn’t not really. Well that’s what I kept trying to tell myself. But the burning sensation in my chest was a sure sign that I was lying to myself. That or I had a really bad case of heart burn.

“Ah here he is.” I heard my father say. “Must be an earth thing, being late. The things I do for you daughter.”

I looked at him knowing I looked confused, I followed his line of sight and watched as Devon made his way through the room. He gave me a smile when he saw that I was looking at him “I decided to allow him to sit with you tonight. After today I figured you could use the support.”

“Really.” I said shaking my head “You think after what you told me about him that I would want him anywhere near me?”

He held up his hand, telling Devon to stop. I watched as the smile on his face disappeared “If you don’t I could always have him hung from the ceiling.” He smiled “He could be tonight’s dinner entertainment.”

My eyes widened not sure if he was joking or not I decided it was best not to find out. I may be angry and hurt by Devon but I wouldn’t want my father to use him as entertainment. “It’s fine.” I said sighing again, this was going to be a long ass dinner. “He can seat next to me.”