Six

"Did you hear about that huge party everyone's supposed to be going to tonight?" Dan asked Phil, a few days later. They'd just sat down at their spot (yeah, it was their spot now), and Phil looked over at amusedly.

  "Party?" he questioned, and Dan nodded, staring over at the Cigarette Bunch interestedly.

  "Yep." He said. "Some girl told me about it first period, said to bring anyone I wanted. Some sort of Halloween thing, I think."

  It was close to Halloween, only a couple weeks away, but Phil didn't think they'd start the parties already.  They usually waited until the day of, but hey, any excuse to get drunk, right?

  And of all the people, Dan wanted to take him? He was probably just overreacting, but the only thing running through his head was, date, date, this is definitely a date. Ever since Dan had admitted he wasn't completely straight either, Phil had become three times as obsessed as he'd been before. It meant he had a chance, albeit a small one.

  "I don't really do parties."Phil said, stuffing his hands into his jacket pockets. He knew that there was no way he'd be able to function on a house full of people he didn't know and music he didn't listen to, even if he had Dan with him and there was enough alcohol to drown an elephant. He'd rather get drunk in the solitude of his room.

  "I don't think anyone really 'does' parties." Dan said, glancing over at him. "I'm sure most just go to look cool, or get plastered without having to pay for it."

  "Well, I don't do them at all." Phil replied. "I don't like people."

  "So, what, you spend every weekend in the depths of your room, plotting against the villainy of mankind?" Dan asked, laughing, but raised his eyebrows when Phil didn't say anything. He whistled lowly. "Alright, then. No parties."

  "Aw, you go if you want to." Phil said. Don't worry about me, I'll be fine by myself." Probably just thinking about you the whole time, and what you're doing, and all the girls that'll be keeping you company....

  "I won't have fun without you there." Dan complained, and Phil smiled at him.

  "I'm sure you'll be fine." Phil said. Dan stuck his tongue out at him, and he laughed. Mostly to stop himself from leaning over and grabbing that tongue with his teeth.

  "I have an idea." Dan said, perking up and grinning at Phil, who just rolled his eyes.

  "And what's that, Dan?" He asked sarcastically.

  "We can have a sleepover."

  Phil froze. There was no way in hell he'd be able to spend a whole night with Dan, alone, no matter how much alcohol was involved. He wouldn't be able to control himself, having Dan in his room, in nothing but pyjamas.

  "I-I don't know." He stuttered, wringing his hands together. "My parents, I don't know if they'd be okay with it." Truthfully, his parents weren't even going to be home this weekend. They had some sort off business dinner to go to, and they were staying at some hotel afterwards.

  "Oh, come on, it's not like we're gonna be having sex or anything." Dan said, making Phil blush. "And it's the weekend, not a school night. You haven't even asked them."

  Phil sighed, staring down at his knees. As much as he didn't think it was such a good idea, he had to admit it was better than anything else he had planned. And there was the ever present quiver in his stomach of having Dan to himself. For the weekend.

  "I'm not a very entertaining person." Phil said lamely. Dan shoved him playfully.

  "You're just making excuses now. Seriously, it'll be fun, I promise." Dan said, smiling at him reassuringly. "We can, stay up all night, get drunk off our asses without a million other people there to see us. Watch movies and stuff our faces with junk food."