Chapter 5 : The Big Operation

Previously on Autumn 

Autumn's mother Amy brought the Dad nick into the picture as he had to know that his daughter was sick and also to test himself as a match.

Three weeks have past since the blood test and shows that Rick is a match so he is able to donate the bone marrow to his daughter. The mother is jumping up and down and kisses Rick on the lips from excitement but then turns away from embarrasement from what she has done. The doctor revealed that if he lost 1 stone in 5 weeks then the operation will go ahead then if that suits you as the therapy will be fine for now until he loses the weight. Thats great doctor thanks for letting us know. They head home to tell Autmn the good news that the dad is going to give his bone marrow to her. She was left at home with Amy's mother Karen.

Now the day has arrived they say to themselves three weeks later as both Amy , Autumn and Rick were all worried Autumn's friends sends messages to Amy's phone to wish her the best of luck with the operation and hope its a success. After all the good wishes they all headed for the hospital and when they arrived there Autumn's granny Margreat was there and Rick hears his mother say it will be fine dear everything will be fine. Autumn says I'm scared mam Autumn I am scared too but your father is making you better by doing this so relax you will not hear a thing as you will be asleep because of the anesthestic. Autumn started to relax and called the doctor and said Let's do this. And then was the waiting game as they waited and were joined by the rest of the family later on to wait for the operation to be done. They all knew it was a long surgery and that they had to be careful when doimng this as they did not want to lose a patient especially in a case of this nature a kid dying because they ran out of time or  died under anaesthestic would be for the case it could happen. They eventually got news 15 hours in saying they are almost done just stitching up and everything was a success. Amy cried and delight and excitement. All of a sudden Alarm went off and Rick has gone into cardiac arrest what will happen to him and will this story have a happy ending find out in the Final Chapter.