Chapter 21

As Lou expected, there were tasks behind the scenes, as a preparation for the main episode. Both Lou and Debbie were sent to two separate rooms. Other couples were also split and sent to either of the two rooms.

There they were given a paper with 10 questions and 10 white boards and a black marker. The boards had their names and question number.

Debbie looked at the questions. Easy for her.

1) What was the first gift Debbie had given to Lou?

Debbie rewound the memories. In years, she had given thousands of gifts. But the first one was on the day of their meet, a bottle of Chanel no. 5.

2) What was the colour of the dress Debbie was wearing on their first meet?

Debbie likes monochrome. The day of their meet was no different. It was white bell bottom pants and black shirt.

3) When is Lou's uncle's birthday?

Debbie kind of laughed at the question. Seriously, who will test couple's knowledge of each other with uncle's birthday. Also, Lou doesn't have any uncle.

4) Who is Debbie's celebrity crush?

One and only Keanu Reeves. Debbie is obsessed with him and Lou always pulls her leg.

5) When was their first date?

Debbie and Lou never went to romantic dates. But they did have dinner dates. The first dinner date was after their successful first con. It was in September 15, 1998. Debbie remembers that day very well. It was one of the best days and she and Lou had emotionally opened up to each other.

6) When is Debbie's birthday?

Obviously, July 9th. She remembered how Lou had answered it two days back, which made her blush.

7) When was Lou's first wisdom tooth removed?

Debbie literally mumbled what the fuck! The question was ridiculous. But she knew the answer. She was there when Lou's wisdom tooth was removed. She remembers that day like it was yesterday. It was a big deal to make Lou go to dentist's clinic. Debbie had promised two ice creams, one whole day of sleeping without any cons, a week worth vodka and new suit if Lou agreed. Debbie had fulfilled the promise with double the amount of vodka after the doctor removed not just one, but two wisdom teeth, saying the other one was on its way. It happened on April 12, 2003.

8) What is Debbie's favourite movie?

Debbie smiled at the question. Her favourite movie was My best friend's wedding. For all toughness, Debbie loved that romantic movie, only because she saw little wickedness in Julia's character.

9) If Lou was to describe Debbie in one word

Debbie was a little confused. Lou describes her in many ways depending on the situation. Considering one word was too difficult. She took the chance and wrote goddess. Not to be self-praising, but Lou does call her that, though Lou means it as Goddess of cons.

10) What is Lou's mother's middle name?

Now Debbie thought of seriously murdering the person who decided to write these questions. She however knew the answer. It was June.

Debbie was done before everyone else in the room. She looked at Tammy who was still writing. Others were also busy. Debbie stood and gave all the boards to the volunteer. Tammy was looking at her. She expected Debbie to know everything about Lou, so no big surprise.

Debbie was then guided to the stage. She sat on the designated chair and waited for others to join. The set was being designed for today's theme. The light around her was low. She looked at the assistant director telling the paid audience about when to laugh, when to clap etc.