Chapter 44

A/n: this chapter was hard to write for so many reasons.

1) I had to keep every interaction readable for my audience who are young. I don't write stuffs that might make them uncomfortable.

2) it's hard to write open conversation while keeping the characters under control regarding confession. It took too much work to stop Debbie and Lou from confessing.

3) the chapter is clumsy, confusing and it is meant to be. It is easy to write fun filled chapter or teasing chapter. But conversation dealing with someone's life, specially discussing sexual life of a person (here Lou), isn't easy.

So, it took me days to write. I hope you guys are okay with the delay

Also, this talk is very much needed between the characters. It actually shows how miscommunication or partial communication can unnecessarily mess up a love story and prevent the characters from confessing.

************$$$$************$$$$*******

"Lou, wait. I didn't mean to..."

Debbie ran behind Lou who was walking in faster pace.

"For fuck's sake, I am wearing heels", Debbie said, still running.

Lou didn't speak. Instead, she kept walking. However she had her hand raised, showing a finger at Debbie. Julia was behind Debbie, with a distance enough to not get noticed. She was actually thinking of utilising this situation to her advantage. Maybe she can get Lou out of Debbie's clutch.

Lou now was walking on the hard concrete pavement, flowering plants on either side. Debbie almost matched her pace and now was barely behind her.

"C'mon, are you seriously... FUCK!", Debbie yelled as she fell. She had an uneven step and that caused her ankle to roll wrong way. Heels just made it worse. "FUCK"

Lou turned and saw Debbie on ground, cursing like a truck driver. She stood next to fallen Debbie, hands on her waist, a devilish grin.

That grin gave away so many things to Debbie.

First, Lou is not angry because of the slap. Unhappy? Yes. But not angry. If she was angry, she wouldn't consider to even look back. Lou is a child who, when angry, doesn't actually think a lot like adult. Clearly she is standing there so, she is not angry. How does Debbie know she is unhappy? Because Lou is just standing there, grinning at fallen Debbie. Grinning equals unhappy? Sort of. In Lou's dictionary, it is sort of expressing unhappiness. Well, also the context matters. Lou, when unhappy about someone or something, shows it in the form of sarcasm, stubbornness, or some extreme times, through harmless revenge. Right now, she is enjoying Debbie's fallen state. So, clearly it is sort of... revenge. Most importantly, if she was not unhappy, she would be rushing to help Debbie.

Second, Lou is trying to change the mood. For last few minutes, Lou had been trying to change the mood of their talk. She didn't want to discuss about celibacy and so, she tried all sort of things: including mockery of Debbie's education. Grinning at Debbie's state will lead to banter, that's for sure. Lou was trying to kill two birds with one arrow. Debbie could read it.

Debbie understood Lou wasn't ready to talk about celibacy and so, it's better to handle in careful way, without overwhelming her. How will she do that? Well, play along Lou's deviation of mood. That's what Debbie did.

"Don't just stand, asshole. Help me", she yelled at Lou.

Lou rolled her eyes. "Fuck yourself"

"Lou"