125 | a million rants

get ready for a few of my rants to be
smushed into one lil chapter 🤠

[ 001 ]

if you're going to make covers and you're borrowing/inspired by another graphic designers' covers, credit them.

literally just this month i've seen over five+ people with my exact covers that i legitimately made myself. also the amount of message board posts saying that people copied their covers are a way too many. like of course ion know if other covers similar are made in the world bc.. obvi, but when they're the exact same layout, fonts, and even filters? that's too much.

I (as well as other graphic designers) legit spend hours thinking of and executing our ideas??

if you're inspired and adding your own little sparkle to them, that's perfectly fine but don't claim the entire idea yours. A SIMPLE "INSPIRED BY @" WILL SUFFICE LIKE ITS NOT THAT HARD. also don't deny copying when they're literally the same 💀

 also don't deny copying when they're literally the same 💀

[ 002 ]

followers. i've seen so many accounts with either large/mediocre amounts of followers ignore little accounts with followers less than them. honey, you're not that famous, don't screw over people who want to be your friends just because they have a little following. because at the end of the day, followers don't really measure your popularity, you know?

also, if you follow someone to get a follow back and then quickly unfollow them, that's really trashy. in most cases they'll unfollow you too. but if you direct message someone to get to know them but immediately stop talking to them when they don't follow you back asap, that's pretty trashy too.

[ 003 ]

don't be an extreme hypocrite sksjs, like don't express that you hate plagiarism, copying, following for follows when you do the exact same thing i-

i have a billion more rants but
yk i'll do that later sksjdjecij