Chapter 1, year one

Disclaimer: This material belongs to J.K. Rowling, this is just my version of what she has already come up with. :)

_________________________________________________________________________

POV: Ava Wilson

Chapter 1

I layed behind the couch on my back listening to my mom flirting with my step dad, Sirius Black. I really hate flirting. My mom married Sirius when I was three, he helped raise me, I love him like if he was my real father. I never found out who my real dad was, but I plan to figure it out someday though, mom says I look just like him.

I rolled over on my stomach and listened to them exchange sweet talk. I hid the cringe of disgust as they whispered at each other, hearing as they would lean in and kiss each other. I will certainly be able to sweet talk and kiss ass when I start Hogwarts this year. Hopefully I won't have to use it though.

I giggled with excitement at the thought of Hogwarts. The euphoria I feel when I think of starting Hogwarts gives me such a rush.  Just imagining learning magic and meeting witches and wizards my own age.

"Ava? Are you behind the couch?" my  step dad asked sounding like he was about to laugh.

I immediately quietened. Uh oh, my giggle gave away my location.

"Uh..." I said trying to think of an excuse as to being here.

I had found a niffler outside and thought it was cute, I managed to catch it and bring it inside, but then the creature managed to wriggle out of my hands and dive under the couch. I tried to get to it, but then in came the parents, and I quietened, not wanting them to ask me what I was doing.

 All of a sudden Sirius's  head looked down at me from the top of the couch, he gave me a humorous look. I looked back innocently.

"Ava, darling, why in the world are you behind the couch?" Sirius said with a raised eyebrow.

"Um....well you see....I...Uh..." I trailed off.

The humor in his eyes seemed to increase as I stumbled over my words.

Suddenly the niffler under the couch sneezed. Probably all the dust bunnies. The force of the sneeze sent the poor creature across the hard wood floor and under the shelf show casing mom's favorite set of China.

"Was that a niffler?" My mother said with confusion.

"Ava" Sirius said as he looked back from the shelf "what did you do to that poor creature?"

I stared at him indignantly. " I didn't do anything! I just wanted to give him a home."

Sirius started to laugh "What is it with you and these creatures? First it was that squirrel..."

"It walked right up to me. It didn't even try to get away!" 

"It ran away the second you let it go. Then it was that baby augrey..."

"Only because you were yelling at me! You scared it! The augrey was really fuzzy! I needed it!" I defended myself.

"I don't think that what the mother thought, she chased you around the house for an hour." My mother said as she came up beside Sirius to look down at me.

"Yeah, but look, now we have two augreys!" I said pointing to them in the corner. The mother and juvenile augrey wouldn't leave, especially since I started to sneak them food. It took them awhile before the mother would stop chasing me, but finally they started to see this place as a home. My mother became fond of them as well.