"stan calm down-" jay tried to say.

"no! your insane!" he yelled again.

"why? we all know that no one else is going to do anything about it!" bev said from beside her.

"eddie was nearly killed and so was jay!" richie shouted, "and look at this motherfucker! he's leaking hamburger helper!"

"we can't pretend it's going to go away!" bev said. "ben you said it yourself, it comes back every twenty seven years." she tried to reason.

"fine i'll be fourty and far away from here!" ben shouted back. "i thought you said you wanted to get out of this town too."

"because i want to run toward something, not away from it!" she said louder.

"i'm sorry! who invited molly ringwald into the group!" bev flipped of the boy.

"richie," stan said.

"i'm just saying! lets face facts! real world! georgie is dead," richie started, "stop trying to get us killed too!"

richie went to grab his bike. but bill stopped him, "georgie's not dead!"

"you couldn't save him, but you can still save yourself," jay watched as everyone fought. her and mike looked at each other, both not having said anything this whole time.

"t-t-t-t-t-t-take it back!" bill yelled in richie's face, "you're scared an-and we all are, but take it back!" bill shoved richie's shoulders launching him back.

"bill stop!" jay said. "both of you stop!"

they didn't listen. richie shoved him back and both the boys grabbed each other. bill's fist flew across richie's face sending him back on the road.

"bill!" bev yelled.

"you're just of bunch of losers!" stan and mike went to hold richie back from doing anything to bill, "you're just about of losers who are going to get yourself killed if you kept-"

"stop! this is what it want's! it wants us to divide! we all saw it, together!" bev said to everyone. "why were still alive!" everyone paused and looked at the girl.

"yeah?" richie said, "well i plan to keep it that way!" stan and richie walked pass ben and bill. bev and jay watched in horror as their friend group split apart.

jay squeezed bev's hand and looked at bill.

ben went towards them and mike as well. they all left. jay, bev, and bill stood in the middle of the road looking at each other. a tear slipped down jay's cheek and she quickly wiped it away. she looked at her remaining friends, "wanna grab a bite? on me," they all looked at each other and nodded.

climbing aboard her bike she set out to the diner downtown, with her friends riding beside her.

"sorry i didn't say anything i just- i was still scared, no, i am still scared," jay told the two.

"it's f-fine jay," bill said.

they rode in silence and once they arrived at the diner they sat down at a booth. bev sat on one side and jay purposely on the other, sitting herself in the middle, forcing bill to sit next to bill. they both blushed and jay smirked.

"hello, what can i get for you dears?" an older woman came up to them.

"uh could we start with a basket of fries and i'll have a water," jay spoke.

"i'll have a water too," bev said.

"same as them," bill stated.

"i'll be right back."