Chapter 9

Joyces' POV

Ms. Byers? the nurse asked

That's me.

Can we talk privately?

Of course.

I'm sorry but Will is in a coma. The nurse kept talking but I stopped listening after the word coma. Where did everything go wrong?

After the nurse was finished talking I just nodded and walked away.

I sat down tears streaming down my face. I lost my boy again.

His friends came over to me worried and asked me what was going on. All that could come out of my mouth was "Coma." as I kept sobbing into Hoppers' shoulder.

They all looked at me in horror as if they didn't believe me.

Then Jane came rushing through the door smiling  and I was pissed but didn't show it. Hopper ran over to her and they started talking, Hopper told her the news and she put on the most fake act of being sad I had ever seen. The others seemed to be buying it. I walked outside and decided to take a smoke to try and get my mind off things before I slap the shit out of her. 

Hopper came out after me and then asked " Hey, what's wrong?"

Jane is what's wrong, I think she told Will something, and I'm going to prove it.

Why are you assuming that?

Hopper! I am not assuming anything, did you not see her face, she knows something.  I said as she came out, she looked me straight in the face and smiled.

" I HATE YOU!"