Chapter 53 ༈ Little Overdue

Heads up: I had to re read a certain chapter to place this piece in here henceforth why the title is why it is. Not saying what it is. You'll have to read to find out :) Carry on (my wayward son *cough*) I mean... :) have fun

A/n: After this chapter there's only 2 left 🤧

Song Suggestion: Armor by Landon Austin

A/n: Plus that Song Suggestion is only there if you want to hear it

Key:

(Y/n) - Your Name
(Y/n/n) - Your Nickname
(F/c) - Favorite Color
(H/c) - Hair color
(H/l) - Hair Length
(F/f) - Favorite Food
(F/s) - Favorite Snack
(E/c) - Eye Color

Something soft yet comfortable was what you were laying on and for sure you knew that there was a pillow underneath your head. It was quiet.. all around you and if it weren't for the beeping noise of the heart monitor machine that stood beside you, you would've assume that you were dead. Apparently you knew you weren't dead and it want just from the beeping of the monitor that was becoming annoying but the touch of someone holding your hand in theirs.

As your eyes started to flutter open, you were automatically blinded with bright lights above you. The person that held your hand must've heard your small groan because they quickly released your hand and shut off one of the lights before returning beside you. They took your hand into theirs once again.

The warmth of their hand returning to your cold one after that brief moment made you smile softly. You had an idea of who it might've been and with that, as your eye sight cleared up after being a bit blurry, you looked over. What you saw was the boy you had a crush on since the very beginning. The same brunette haired, chocolate like eyed teen boy that had stood by you.

"Hey Peter.." you spoke quietly with that small soft smile you were wearing already. He liked the way your eyes sparkled against the light that came into the room from outside. The way it hit your hair revealing the color and the way you said his name in a soft tone. He knew it sounded a little rough due to past events but he didn't care. All he did in return was smile back and give your hand a reassuring squeeze as he replied "Hey (y/n).."

"I'm glad to see you're finally awake. After all of the power you used for that fight towards the end." He also started to say as he didn't let go of your hand. That's when you furrowed your eyebrows together in a curious way. What does he mean finally... Was I out for too long?

"You've been out for about-" Peter started to say until Tony walked in finishing off. "2 Days." Your eyes grew wide in shock. "Two?!" You whispered to yourself as you looked down still wearing the shocked expression. "But.." you started to say as you looked back at the man.

"Like your boyfriend here said, because of all of the power you had mustered up to finish off the final fight towards the end, it really must've kicked the soccer ball into the goal as you would say it." Tony mentioned that's when you and Peter both looked at each other of a second trying not to blush when Stark said boyfriend before saying in sync "we're not together."

That last part made Tony raise an eyebrow in suspicion. "Mmhm sure you're not." He started to say as he then started to unwire the heart monitor wires, the IV tube and  bandages on your arms which were covering your cuts. "Well I will tell you this. You are free to get up and walk around as long as someone is nearby which I'm already assuming Peter would have that covered." He gave a small smile as he placed the objects away before finishing off with. "Everyone is in the common room."

After he said that last part he exited the room and left the two of you along once again. You laughed at the little funny like tone Tony had when he mentioned about Peter being nearby to help you along the way in case. While you laughed, Peter sat there admiring you. He took it all in. That's when you finished with a smile and looked over at him. The way he looked at you made you ask "what?.."

Now it was his turn to chuckle softly as he looked down for a moment before looking back up at you with a warm smile. "May I?" He asked as he gestured towards the bed. In other words asking if he can sit next to you. Nodding your head at him, you sat up a bit as he got up from his chair and sat on the bed next to you. The movement caused the both of you to let go of your hands that were practically hugging each other.

"(Y/n).." He started to say as he took your hand back into his which caused you to blush lightly before he continued. "We've known each other for a couple of months now but it feels like a year. The way your eyes shine when you're really happy about something or the way your laugh would make me laugh with you, the way your warm smile will make me smile and feel happy. I guess I should just say that you make me happy. Happier than I've felt in a long time and I was wondering... if.. you would um.. like to be my girlfriend?" He finally finished.

A tear slipped from your eye as you felt as if you were a blushing mess but he didn't care as he gently placed his other hand that wasn't holding yours, on your cheek to wipe off the tear. "Yes Peter. I'll love to." You replied and with that, you both leaned in like the night of your date. This time no one was there to interrupt.

As his soft lips collided with yours, your heart started to beat faster and you swore as if time slowed down; as if it was just the two of you. The way your lips and his molded together as if they were two puzzle pieces that belonged together. After it was over and you both pulled away breathing a bit heavy, you spoke up. "That was a Little overdue Spider." Peter laughed from the response before replying. "I suppose you're right Owl."