Chapter 51 ༈ Eva

Heads up: Penelope, Steve and Bucky are the third team to enter the building. Isn't long till they meet someone. Title already gave it away so 🤷🏻‍♀️

A/n: I wanted to announce that these last 11 chapters will in fact be the last of the book.

Song Suggestion: The Wings of Icarus (ft James Dooley) by Celldweller

A/n: Plus that Song Suggestion is only there if you want to hear it. Otherwise there's really no need for the suggestions in the following chapters :)

Key:

(Y/n) - Your Name
(Y/n/n) - Your Nickname
(F/c) - Favorite Color
(H/c) - Hair color
(H/l) - Hair Length
(F/f) - Favorite Food
(F/s) - Favorite Snack
(E/c) - Eye Color

There was no doubt that the facility was mainly dark but it wasn't fully lit either once the tree made it inside. Instead of Steve being directly in center, Penelope was. So that placed both of the super soldiers on either side of her as they walked.

Spider webs could be seen at the corners of the walls and some smudged dried blood on the wall to their left. There was a strange smell that hit them full on like a clash of a wave during a horrible storm. Bucky made a vomit noise as if he was about to actually puke but didn't. "That's disgusting... what's that smell?" He questioned as Steve scrunched up his nose from it and Penelope placed a hand over her nose so she wouldn't smell anymore of it.

"I'm not sure but I'm nearly positive that it's not exactly good seeing how it's Hydra and they good isn't exactly in the name." She mentioned as they all took cautious steps forward. Nothing was there around the corner. It was silent. Almost too silent and it gave an eerie like feeling.

That silence was interrupted through their earpieces when Mj started to speak. "Hey guys. I don't see any agents heading towards your location whatsoever so I'm not sure if there's anymore left or if there's just someone else waiting for you." That didn't reassure them much after hearing the part of someone possibly waiting for them.

"I'm getting this strange feeling..." Bucky started to say as Steve replied with "when don't you during times like this." Which turned out to be more of a mumbling in his state as he kept his eyes peered for any movements.

"Shut it both of you." Penelope spoke back as she kept a hand raised in front of her as a defensive state. They rolled their eyes at her statement before Rogers spoke through the earpiece. "Update on everyone's positions."

"Clint and I are getting back on the jet while Tony flies ahead to scout for any more trouble. We're done up here." Natasha replied then Thor spoke. "Me and the Hulk are finished. Just waiting on the rest." That's when Mj stepped in and said "I can see both Wanda and Brazen fighting someone." She paused to look at the dot before adding in. "They're fighting with Thomas."

"Both me and the green god man are making a clear passage for (y/n) and Peter." Pietro finished off as a guy yelling as he's being thrown could be heard coming through. "Got it." Was all Rogers was able to get out till they were stopped by Penelope.

There in front of them stood a girl. One that seemed around Peter and (y/n)'s age. She seemed as if she was about to attack. "Stand d-" Steve started to say but Penelope raised her hand telling him to stop. "Eva..."

Was heard coming out of her mouth in almost like whisper. "Who's Eva... I'm Firebird.." the girl spoke as she had a look on her face that seemed as if she was a bit confused after a memory flashed in her mind.

It caused the girl to take a step back before her eyes started to light up. "Who are you... I saw you in my mind.." she started to ask Penelope as the woman took a few steps forward. "You're Eva... not Firebird.." she started to say in response to the question.

" she started to say in response to the question

"Eva... it's me.. it's Mom.." Penelope spoke softly as a tear slipped from her eye from seeing her daughter after assuming she was probably dead. Steve and Bucky were both taken back from witnessing it and now Mj knew why her dot was half yellow and half purple. She was Penelope's child but kept as a prisoner.

"My.. Mom?..." she replied a tear slipped from her eye as well. That's when all of the memories started to flash back. The good and the bad causing her to close her eyes and hold her head. Penelope seeing her actions, ran to her and held her in her arms. "It's okay. You're safe.. Mom's got you." She spoke softly to her.

Luckily, Eva released the hold on her head and hugged Penelope. She cried a little bit then looked up after the realization hit her. She was still at Hydra. "Where is he?" She asked her Mom and Penelope looked at her before replying "He's busy at the moment but he'll meet us outside. He'll be happy to see you alive." Pen stated.

"Come on guys. We have to keep moving." Rogers told the two which interrupted their little moment. He didn't want to but he started to hear footsteps heading their way. "There's agent's heading towards your location now Steve." Michelle spoke through and the two females got up.

"I can hold them back." Eva mentioned once she was with the small group. "No we stay together." Penelope announced and both of the soldiers nodded their heads. A pile of agents started to fill the room, surrounding them so they couldn't escape.

"We split in different directions?.." Penelope suggested and Rogers nodded. Bucky and Steve fought the agents to the left, Penelope with her abilities to the agents directly in front of her, while Eva took on the large number of agents on her end. Side by side, Mother and daughter, they fought side by side once again.