XVIII.

The sound of my phone wakes me up.
I look at the notification and an instant smile appears on my face.

text from chris
seems like u are a mysterious beauty now... i mean they aren't wrong ;).

It is a picture of Chris and I with the caption : "Stray Kids' Bang Chan running with a mysterious beauty."

I look at the picture. How did that even happen? Wasn't it easier to just let them think I was part of the staff?
I shake my head and leave my phone on the table. I went to sleep at 4 am yesterday. Sian and I had a movie night, those in which we cry and laugh together about anything and everything at the same time. She apologised over and over again. I told her it was okay. All I wanted was her to understand that I would need time in order to fully trust her again.
I look around the bedroom. There are no pictures hanging on the walls, instead, there is a big mess. My clothes are all over the floor and I didn't even had time to unpack my stuff. I didn't care, I was happy. I forgot about my dad. He had to find me and next time, I would be ready to break his neck. My room smells like hot chocolate and pancakes, my favourite breakfast.
I walk to the kitchen to find it with a note from Sian.

good morning, lazy. i had to go practice but i will meet some of my friends at 3pm... you should definitely come.

I mean, I had nothing else to do. I eat my breakfast while looking at Sian's room. She worked hard for this. I can tell she's really trying to fulfill her dream and I needed to be there for her. Seoul was a fresh start for me so I would forget about the past and treat Sian the way she deserved, like a best friend would.
It was 2 pm and I needed to get ready. A quick shower and a high ponytail later, I was ready to meet Sian's friends. She used to talk about them all the time so I was glad I could finally meet them. Not gonna lie, I thought about her betraying me again a few times. I thought about the possibility of her and her friends kidnapping me to take me with my dad. But of course, those were delusional things that would never happen. Would they?
I was nervous somehow to see the building again. It seems like it was the only place in Seoul I knew. I spent there most of my time but it couldn't have been other way, I liked supporting Sian... and seeing him, I guess.
I arrived at my destination. Only 5 minutes left until 3 o'clock.
-"I need to drink something." - I said to myself. I wasn't feeling that good. This whole situation was making me feel anxious.
-"Oh my gosh! It's the mysterious beauty!"-Okay, maybe it was the thought of seeing him again what made me anxious. I heard his familiar voice, and turned to see his face. Chris looked exhausted. You could tell he was by his hard breathing.
-"Practice?" - I asked, not being able to look at him in the eye. He hummed.
-"What are you doing here?" - He approached me, and I could feel my heart beating increasing with every step he took.
-"I am meeting some friends." - I lied. I didn't want him to know that I was going out with Sian. I thought he would somehow judge me.
-"What friends? Haruto?" - He knew me too well. He knew I was lying and I was sick of it so I told him the truth.
-"No, Sian's friends."- I closed my eyes, waiting for his response.
-"No, you are not." - He took me by my arm and guided me to an empty room.
I was in the same position as that day, in the alley. This time I was looking right at him.
-"Why not?" -I planned and failed to sound confident, he laughed.
-"Trust me, you shouldn't. They are not for you." - I looked at our reflection in the mirror and blushed. He was closer than it looked.
-"What do you mean? I can do whatever I want." - I pushed him a little and he smirked.

Oh, no.

-"Are you sure you want to do that, babygirl?"- His voice got deeper as he ran his hands through his hair.
-"Let me live."- I rolled my eyes and walked towards the door. He took my arm.
-"Don't tell me I didn't warn you." -My heart was about to explode. You could actually cut the tension with a knife.
I left the room and he stayed, still looking at me.
What the heck was that? I am an independent woman.
A few hours later, though, I regretted. Jae's house was full of people and I lost Sian half an hour ago. Drunk boys and girls kissed each other and I could barely hear my thoughts because of the loud music. Her friends were nice and all but this wasn't for me.

Shit. Maybe he was right.

I stand up from the vintage sofa. I needed to find the bathroom, I needed him to come pick me up.
I walked through the long corridor of drunk people until I finally found it.
I locked myself inside and called him.

calling... chris
"Yes?" - His voice sounded sleepy, he was probably working.
"Come pick me up, please."
He laughed.
"I'll be there in five."

I sighed. Why do I make everything so difficult? I needed to find Sian, she was going to get mad at me if I left without saying anything. She was probably having fun, or kissing some random boy.
I was scared of going out. I didn't want them to gave me looks like:
"Look, that girl is alone let's hit on her." or "Look, she is sober. Let's make her drunk so we could take advantage of her."

I felt like a sheep in the middle of a room full of wolves.
A sound interrupted my thoughts.
It wasn't my phone.
I looked at myself in the mirror. You could see a phone, laying on the shower's floor.
I looked at the notification and gasped.

Unknown.
Is she there?
Do you have her?

-

hi omg! i hoped you enjoyed this chapter!
as always, thank you for your support! i will try my best to continue this story in a good way.
please comment your thoughts about this! i enjoy talking to you guys.

i love you.

until next time,
marina xx