13. couldn't be more grateful for them

The sound of tiny feet pattering across the bedroom floor woke Sean from his sleep, until they came to a stop beside him. He wore a smile on his face as he slowly turned his head, opening his eyes to be met with a smile belonging to his three year old daughter.

The little girl looked up at her father and let out a giggle; the same exact giggle that could often be heard leaving his wife's lips. He reached an arm out and ran his hand through her hair, down her face and to her chin.

Every morning he hopelessly failed at deciding between waking Kaycee up by moving her off his chest so that he could lift their little girl up onto the bed, or leaving Kaycee to sleep and letting their little girl wiggle up onto the bed herself. He could never make his mind up fast enough as to which of his two girls he would choose.

Most mornings Sean's indecisiveness led to Amaia waking Kaycee up instead, after getting impatient at waiting for her father to lift her up.

"Mommy"
"Mommy wake up"
Sean rubbed his hand up and down Kaycee's thigh as she began to wake up.
As she awoke her eyes were met with the sight of Amaia and Sean looking at her.

Kaycee untangled herself from her husband, finally allowing him to lift their daughter onto the bed. Amaia immediately made her way over to Sean, stealing Kaycee's previous position of resting on his chest.

Kaycee smiled, her daughter was the worlds biggest daddy's girl there was no denying it. Whilst Amaia loved her mother greatly, she absolutely adored her father. At first, Kaycee was upset that Amaia would, from time to time, want Sean and not her. However, as Amaia began to grow up Kaycee realised that her daughter didn't love Sean more, there was just a special bond between a father and daughter.

Kaycee leaned over, pressing a gentle kiss on her daughter's and then her husband's foreheads before excusing herself to the bathroom. Now all of Sean's attention was on his little girl.

Amaia looked up at her father with a smile as he held her, lifting her further up so that her head was resting in the crook of his neck. His two girls were his biggest weakness, one smile or a giggle from them and he'd do anything that they might ask of him.

He wouldn't deny that he absolutely spoils Kaycee and Amaia when he continuously gives them all they'll ever need. Seeing them happy because of him warms his heart right the way through.

Looking down at Amaia, Sean studies her features. She truly was the most gorgeous little girl and that was all down to his wife. Amaia has Kaycee's big brown eyes, curly hair and perfectly structured chin. However, she has Sean's delicate nose and his famous dimples.

The two were so absorbed in each other that they didn't hear Kaycee come back into the bedroom. It was her laugh as she spoke that broke them out of their trance.

"Such a daddy's girl"

Kaycee walked over to Sean's side of the bed, nudging him to move over. She crawled in and snuggled into his other side that wasn't occupied by Amaia. Sean's arm draped loosely over his wife's shoulder as she lay cuddled into him, resting her head on his chest.

"I love you" Kaycee whispered, placing a kiss to his chest.
"And I love you" she spoke softly, reaching her hand out as she began to soothingly rub her daughter's back.

Sean looked down at his two girls, taking in this beautiful moment. Nothing made him happier than having his wife and daughter in his arms.

Mornings were always the best part of Sean's day. He would never fail to be woken up to the sounds Amaia's feet running into Kaycee and his bedroom. He could never get tired of seeing his daughters smile every morning.

He especially loved Sunday mornings, where Amaia would stay in their bed with Kaycee whilst he went downstairs to make pancakes for breakfast. When he'd come back up to tell them that the food was ready he'd always find that the two of them had fallen back to sleep. He couldn't count the endless amounts of pictures he had taken each week to capture the sight of his wife and daughter cuddled up underneath the covers together.

Each morning was always the same, yet slightly different each time. The one thing that would never change is him waking up to his two girls, and he couldn't be more grateful for them.

Eyeswidexopen 💜